Chapter 27: Presentation

The next day at school was the due date of the project Killua and Gon previously worked on.

And luckily Gon remembered to finish it up by himself.

Though it wasn't so hard since Gon knew majority of the information already.

He walked inside the school with the poster board in his hand, seeing other students with posters as well.

Seems like everyone has the same teacher for history.

He quickly made his way to his first class, while making sure to wave at some people.

He sometimes hated being popular. He didn't like having to force himself to talk to people when he wasn't feeling well.

He finally turned the corner to the classroom and walked inside.

He sat at his usual desk and waited for Killua to come in so they could discuss the project.

After what seemed like forever, Killua finally walked through the door with Kurapika by his side.

Oh, great.

Gon found himself glaring at the two, and quickly tried to change his reaction.

"Hey Gon!" They both said in unison, before Killua went to sit behind him.

"Hi." Gon mumbled out.

"What are you doing here Kurapika? I thought your classroom was on the other end of school?" Gon asked.

"Oh, just talking about homecoming with Lua." Kurapika said with a smile.

"He's really funny." He added on as if the first sentence wasn't enough.

Gon found anger and annoyance building up inside of him.

How long is this torment going to go on for?

Until I punch one of them in the face?

"Haha, yeah. Would you mind if I talked to Killua alone Kurapika?" Gon asked as polite as he could.

"Yeah, sure, see you later Lua!" Kurapika said, before speed walking out of the classroom.

"What the heck is going on?" Gon asked Killua.

"What do you mean?" Killua asked, completely dumbfounded.

"Our project is due today and you get here right before class is about to start with Kurapika?" Gon asked, annoyance beginning to find it's way in his tone of voice.

"I forgot about the project. Besides, I didn't think it'd bug you since Pika is your friend." Killua said while shrugging.

Oooh I could kill him.

"You know what, I change my mind. I think I'll go to the dance with Leorio." Gon spat out before turning around.

Killua quickly sat up in his chair, his attention completely on the boy in front of him now.

"What, why Leorio?" Killua asked.

Gon shrugged before speaking once more.

"Well, he's everything I ever wanted in a guy. Black hair, muscular, a sense of style, a wonderful personality, and more." Gon said.

"Are we talking about the same person?" Killua thought silently.

And is this the real reason why he kept rejecting me?

"Well, okay, hope you guys have fun then." Killua said, before picking up the poster board that Gon finished.

He began to examine over the notes and doodles carefully, nodding his head every once in a while.

"What are you doing?" Gon asked, letting his curiosity get the best of him.

"Shush, don't talk." Killua murmured.

Gon was about to snap at the white haired male, but the teacher suddenly walked in.

"Alright everyone, I hope you're ready to present your projects today!" The teacher said, making everyone get quiet.

"Who wants to go first?" The teacher asked, which made everyone look around.

"No volunteers? Alright then, Killua and Gon can go first!" She said, while adjusting herself in her chair.

Ugh, why us first?

Killua doesn't even know anything that I wrote on the poster board.

We're going to fail...

Gon reluctantly got out of his chair along with Killua, and walked to the front of the class with their poster board.

Killua cleared his throat before speaking.

"John Locke was a pretty dope guy who was born on August 29th, 1632. The reason I say he's dope is because he was a philosopher and political theorist who paved the way during the enlightenment era. He also developed liberalism." Killua stated, with no hesitation.

Gon blinked in complete surprise.

How the hell does he know all of this when he didn't help me with the board?

"And what is Liberalism you may ask? Liberalism is a political and social philosophy that promotes individual rights, civil liberties, democracy, and free enterprise." He continued.

Killua noticed Gon's surprised facial expression and smirked in response.

"This was a big deal during those times because the government was threatening the rights of the people. John Locke basically kept the government in check by telling people that they have the natural right to certain things and that if the government tries to take it away, they should rebel."

"I think Gon will continue with how the government responded to Locke." Killua said, before stepping back from the poster board.

Gon nodded and stepped forward to continue the explanation.

Soon the presentation was over and everyone clapped in response.

"Well done Gon and Killua!" The teacher said, before calling upon someone else to present.

Gon then pulled Killua aside to question him.

"How the hell did you know all that?" Gon asked.

"I'm an assassin remember? It's useful to have a photographic memory." Killua said, with a small shrug.

"Well I guess, but you could've told me." Gon mumbled.

Killua chuckled.

"Why would you need to know for?" Killua asked.

"I don't know, maybe I wouldn't have gotten so mad at you earlier?" Gon stated.

"That's true, well you learn and you live or some shit." Killua said, with a shrug.

Gon rolled his eyes at the white haired boy.

"It's you-" Gon began to say, but was cut off by the teacher.

"Gon and Killua, sit down and pay attention." She spat.

The two then sat down in their seats, and turned their attention to the two students who were now presenting.

Ugh, since we can't talk to each other this is going to be one long and boring class.