Chapter 12: Running into Trouble

Killua groaned as he sat in his third period class. School was going by so fucking slow today without Gon.

Who knew one person could make such a difference.

Soon the bell rang, signaling that it was time for Algebra.

Thank god, I'll finally get to see Gon.

As soon as Killua turned down the hallway that led to his Algebra class, he ran into the radiant boy.

"Gon!" He said, excitingly.

"Killua!" Gon replied, happily.

"Bro, my last three classes were torture." Killua groaned.

"Really? Mine were fine." Gon said, walking alongside Killua into the classroom.

The two took their normal seats and continued chatting about school until the teacher finally came in.

"Alright class, take out your algebra textbooks." Biscuit said, making the class groan.

"Oh Killua, about fishing tonight, I completely forgot. I have basketball practice after school today. I hope I can have a rain check." Gon whispered.

Killua looked at Gon, having forgotten about the plans himself, he slowly nodded.

"Yeah, that's fine Gon." He said.

It's probably better that way anyways since Illumi is suspicious.

"Good, I'm glad you're not upset." Gon stated before turning his attention back towards the teacher.

Hm, I guess I'll go home during my free period then.

Soon the bell rang once more, signaling that class was once again over.

"Guess I'll see you tomorrow then Killua?" Gon asked, with his usual bright smile.

Killua looked up, somewhat in a daze, before nodding.

"Y-yeah, definitely." He said, before walking in the opposite direction.

It was then that he heard whispers from his classmates, but this time, they were quite useful.

Are you gonna watch the boy's basketball practice after school today?

Oh, definitely. Who would miss up an opportunity to see Zura shirtless?

Oh my god, I forgot about that! Yeah, I'm definitely going.

It was those type of comments that made Killua's brain start functioning at twice its normal speed.

Gon... shirtless... and sweaty..? Fuck, I gotta see this. N-not that I'm gay for Gon or anything..

It was then that Killua finally made up his mind.

Fuck going home.

He turned around and quickly grabbed the attention of one of his male classmates.

"Yo, do you know where basketball practice is being held?" Killua asked.

"In the gym bro." The stranger replied, before pointing at a set of double doors.

"Thanks dude." Killua replied, before making the other male nod and walk away.

Soon the time for practice came, and Killua found himself speed walking towards the school's gymnasium.

Once he got inside, he began climbing up the set of bleachers, wanting to be at the very top.

Hopefully I don't get spotted by him, because I know he'll definitely catch me staring at him. And fuck that'd just be embarrassing...

As soon as the white haired male finished his train of thought, he spotted the group of boys walking out of the boy's locker room.

Some already shirtless, while others weren't.

Gon however were amongst the ones who were shirtless, and Killua felt his cheeks heat up at the sight.

How didn't I notice that this baka had a whole six pack when I bathed with him yesterday?!

While Killua was in the middle of scolding himself, the coach began the group off with a set of free throws.

Everyone sitting in the bleachers watched the group in anticipation, wondering if someone was going to mess up, and when.

The room was filled with silence except for the sound of balls dribbling against the glossed gymnasium floor.

Soon Gon's time came for him to toss the ball into the basket, and without any trouble at all, the boy made his shot.

Killua then heard a group of fangirls cheer for him, which made Gon shoot a smile in their direction.

The white haired male made sure to shoot a glare in their direction, before turning his eyes back towards his friend.

Sure Gon was making his shots, but something seemed off about him.

It was then that Gon's brown eyes locked onto Killua's, and the white haired boy swore he saw the energetic boy's eyes light up in response.

Was he looking for me..?

No, you're in over your head Killua. As if Gon cared about you showing up.

I think I'll go and grab a soda from the vending machine to clear my head.

Killua then stood up from his spot in the bleachers and began making his way down.

Once he reached the bottom of the bleachers, he walked outside into the somewhat empty cafeteria, and began making his way towards the isolated vending machines.

As soon as he placed his dollar into the slot of the machine, a hand was slammed against the machine, right in front of his face.

Killua turned to meet the cold eyes of his client, Kenji Akamodo.

Shit.