[114] Young James Potter

James has a talk with his younger sister

▪︎ ☆ ▪︎

Y/N arrived back at her home late one afternoon. She had a talk with Dumbledore about joining the Order of the Phoenix, but it did not come without consequence.

Dumbledore informed her that her brother, James and his wife Lily are also part of the Order as are the rest of the Marauders. However, much to his surprise Y/N still wanted in.

"Alright then. As you wish."

"Thank you, Dumbledore."

The Headmaster's eyes twinkled behind his half moon spectacles. If only she knew the decision she just made had saved a countless number of future lives.

Jiggling her key into the lock, Y/N twisted the handle and opened the door.

An empty, dark house was what she was expecting to come home to. Although, it seemed like fate had other plans.

Standing in the middle of the hallway with a single sunflower in his hand was James.

"Hey, Y/N. Can we talk?"

Tears began to pool in the creases of Y/N's eyes. With wobbly legs she brought herself to stand in front of her brother. "Of course," she whispered.

Shakily sitting down on the black leather couch in the living room, James sighed.

"Look, sis, I know you probably have no idea what's going on, but I just wanted to say, I love you."

Y/N looked up as a single tear traced a path down her cheek.

"You're not mad?" she choked.

"No, no. Of course not. Why would you think that?" James turned so he could face his sister head on.

"I- I just thought that with me, you know, turning to the dark side, you-"

"Hey, Y/N. Look at me."

Y/N looked up staring James straight in the eye.

"That wasn't your decision. Bellatrix forced you to join. It wasn't- it isn't your fault."

James pulled his sister's arm, rolling up her sleeve and pointed to the Dark Mark etched onto her pale white skin.

"Look at this. See this? This is not your doing. You were forced. Do you understand?"

Watching his sister slowly nod, he pulled her into a tight hug.

"I could never be mad at you, Y/N. Never in a million years. Besides, there's just no point in hating someone you love."