[103] Nymphadora Tonks

Tonks takes you under her wing

▪︎ ☆ ▪︎

"Nymphadora has served as an Auror for nearly a year and a half. I believe she's got what it takes to take a fledgling under her wing," Alastor Moody said gruffly as he stood talking with the head of the Auror department.

"Whatever you think is best, Moody. As long as Miss. (Y/L/N) is fully trained by the end of the year that's all that matters."

Alastor stepped forward and placed his hand on the man's shoulder. "Don't you worry, Scrimgeour. You'll have yourself another Auror soon enough."

Rufus sighed before nodding his head. "I hope so," he whispered.

▪︎ ☆ ▪︎

At the Tonks Residence

A knock was heard coming from the front door of the Tonks residence. Nymphadora Tonks was in the living room watching TV when she heard it. Turning the TV off, the young woman got up. Padding over to the door, she unlocked the latch and pulled it open.

"Ah, hello Moody! What brings you here?"

"Hello Tonks. Mind if I come in? There is something important we need to discuss."

"Why of course!" Tonks opened the door a bit wider to allow Alastor entrance.

"Thank you." Moody replied gravelly, walking inside and taking a seat in the living room.

Closing the door, Tonks joined Moody, sitting on the couch adjacent to the chair the man was sitting on.

Once they were comfortable, Moody jumped right in explaining the situation and informing the woman about the new Auror she would be training.

"Wait a minute. Let me get this straight. You, Alastor Moody, believe I am the right choice to train this new girl?"

"Yes. That is correct."

"Are you sure? Because Alastor, what if I mess up? What if I teach her the wrong things? What if... What if I get her killed?" Tonks' eyes went wide at the prospect of so many different outcomes if she were the one to train this girl.

Letting out a small sigh, Moody placed his hand on the young woman's shoulder. "None of those things will happen."

Looking down at her lap, Tonks murmured, "How can you be so sure?"

"I just am. Now, would you like to meet her?"

Tonks' gloomy expression was pretty hard to get rid of, but it quickly changed to a happy one once her and Moody arrived at the future Auror's house.

Upon ringing the doorbell, Alastor and Tonks stepped back, waiting for the young girl to answer the door.

As if on cue, the door was pulled open by a young girl with long (Y/H/C) hair and (Y/E/C) eyes.

"Hello."

"Hello there. You must be Miss. Y/L/N. I am Alastor Moody and this is Nymphadora Tonks."

"It's a pleasure to meet you both. Come in."

"Thank you, Miss. Y/L/N."

The young girl smiled and stepped back.

Ushering them into her home, Y/N led the two down the hall and into what seemed to be a sitting room.

"You have a lovely home, Miss. Y/L/N."

Giggling, Y/N replied, "Please, call me Y/N."

Smiling brightly, Tonks had a strong feeling she would connect with Y/N pretty quickly.

After visiting and talking for awhile, Tonks and Moody left to go back home.

"The girl has an optimistic outlook on life which will be nice to have in dire situations."

"She's also a very fast learner."

The two reflected on their visit, and spoke about the things they learned.

"Aren't you glad I chose you now?" Moody playfully asked, wiggling his eyebrows at Tonks to make her laugh.

Laughing quite hard, Tonks nodded her head. "Yes, yes I am, Moody. Now, will you quit?! Doing that makes you look stupid!"

"Oh, does it?"

Tonks couldn't help but burst out laughing. "Yeah, it does."

"Well, if it makes you laugh, then I'll do it more often."

Quickly becoming serious, Tonks mumbled, "Thank you, Alastor. For believing in me."

Grinning from ear to ear, Moody spoke, "You're welcome, Tonks. You'll do great. Remember that."