[83] Professor McGonagall

You're Professor McGonagall's granddaughter being sorted into your house

▪︎ ☆ ▪︎

"Y/N McGonagall!"

With bated breath and a spike in your heartbeat you made your way to the front. There standing proud with a big smile on her face was your grandmother, Minerva. She had been taking care of you ever since your mother fell ill and sadly died. Your father was never part of the picture, but fortunately Minerva was the best person for you to grow up with.

Finally, after what felt like a milinium but was only a couple seconds the Sorting Hat was placed firmly on your head. You could hear it whisper things about you that you yourself never really realized before and then suddenly it belted "GRYFFINDOR!" The hat was taken off your head and with a huff you jumped down from the stool and skipped over to your new house. Everyone was cheering loudly, well except the Slytherins but that was typical and you couldn't help but feel proud to be part of your Grandmother's house. You were sure she was an amazing Head of House. You looked up and across the hall to see her smiling and clapping at your accomplishment and with a nod of her head you started your first official year at Hogwarts.