[94] Young Remus Lupin

Remus receives news regarding his older sister

▪︎ ☆ ▪︎

A single knock echoed throughout the living room of Remus Lupin's new flat. He had just bought it with the money he made from working and was hoping to liven it up for when his sister came home.

Y/N Lupin worked as an Auror with shifts ranging from 6-12 hours to 1 day to 12 weeks. Ever since she was given the job Remus had worried about her. Always thinking of the worst case scenarios and always making himself sick over the thoughts he came up with. Thus, upon hearing the knock his heart rate spiked, his palms grew sweaty and his nerves grew and grew until finally he couldn't take it anymore.

Throwing the door open despite his frazzled appearance he immediately broke down when he saw who it was. Dumbledore standing solemnly yet strong looked down at Remus with pity swarming his baby blue orbs.

"I take it you know why I'm here." The wise old man couldn't stand to look at the boy's face. Hearing his cries was plenty enough, so to see his tear-stained cheeks and quivering lip he had to look away.

"She's dead! Y/N's dead! Isn't she?!" Remus attempted to stand, but another cry left his lips causing his knees to buckle and for him to ultimately fall back down.

"I know it's hard, Remus. To lose a family member is to lose a part of yourself. I understand your sorrow, but you need to be strong. She would want you to be strong. Y/N wouldn't want you to cry over her. She'd want you to be happy and remember all the good times you had together. You have memories of her, yes?" As Dumbledore asked this, he gently guided Remus over to the couch and sat down.

Remus wiped the tears off his face and shuddered out a breath before answering, "Y-yeah. I remember when w-we were little a-and she got us ice cream. She was messing with me and ended up smashing her ice cream in my face." The boy chuckled and smiled, reminiscing the memory he had with his sister.

As he relayed the story to Dumbledore, Y/N sat next to him in spirit watching and listening and chuckling quietly to herself.

Unbeknownst to Remus the thought he had in his head was actually Y/N talking to him. "Everything will be okay, little brother. Don't you worry. I love you."