Soda Curtis

You looked down at the letter you held in your trembling hands, tears welling in your eyes. You had just gotten fired.
Sadly, you were suspecting it. Work was beginning to be a toxic place for you. You worked at a paper company, top saleswoman, actually, and for a while, you really enjoyed what you did. Until your boss started piling more and more work on your desk and giving you no time at all to finish them. Sometimes, your clients needed a product that they couldn't afford and you'd lower the price so they could buy it. That was something you did regularly because you've been taught to always help others when they're in need.
Unfortunately, Soda had also gotten fired only two weeks ago. Now the two of you, husband and wife, were jobless.
You wiped the tears from your face and called for Soda.
"What's going on, lovey?" He asked, entering your guy's room, planting a kiss on your head.
You met his eyes and stared into them for a while, "There's no easy way to say this, and honestly, I don't want to."
Soda looked at you, concerned, "baby, it's ok. I'm sure whatever it is, it'll be ok."
You nodded your head and took a deep breath, "I got fired."
Soda stared at me blankly, not sure what to think or how to respond.
"I'm sorry, babe." You said, "I'm so so sorry. It's what I get for helping people. I lose my job and now? Oh god what are we going to do now?"
Soda took you by the shoulders and forced you to look at him, "honey, it's going to be ok, alright? We'll figure this out."
Soda always had a way of making you believe anything he said, so you nodded your head.
"Come here, baby." Soda said, opening his arms, allowing you to fall in.
That's when you started to cry. You'd been trying to hold it in this whole time, but a dam breaks and the water pours out and there's nothing anyone can do.
Soda brushed your long hair with his hands as he comforted you and assured you things would be alright.
"Why don't we get a job at the DX?" You asked Soda, "It's stupid, and the pay's no good, but... it's better than nothing, right?"
Soda laughed slightly, relishing the old memories back when he and Steve used to work there as teenagers. Ironically, that's where he met you.
"Alright," Soda said, "yeah, let's go back to the DX."
"Just like old times," you said, kissing Soda.
"Just like old times." Soda repeated.

A/N:
Hey y'all! I'm so sorry I haven't been posting as much. Idk I keep getting distracted, but anyway, I hope y'all enjoyed this imagine. It took me forever to come up with an idea for this so I'm really stoked that I'm finally done!
Thank y'all so much for the views, votes and comments. I really appreciate it and love y'all sooooo much!
Remember: shoutouts will be going out to those who leave ideas for imagines in the comments, so be sure to throw out an idea if you'd like a shoutout!

Have a lovely day and remember to stay gold!

Cyndrr_Kat