Dinner With Zeus

I slowly got to their table and plastered a huge grin on my face

I slowly got to their table and plastered a huge grin on my face. "Good evening, gentleman, welcome to Diamonds. I'll be your waiter tonight," I'll skip my name. It's usually in my greeting but I didn't want him to recognize me. I look different from high school, I think. Zeus's steel-blue eyes immediately widen and his lips parted. He studied my face and squinted his eyes. Shit. Markus had a huge smile on his face. I read an article about him that he's such a generous man. He donated a million dollars to a foundation for foster kids.

"May I offer you the wine bottles that we have available, Romanée-Conti or Domaine Leroy?"

I felt the sweat form on my back and palms but I kept my strong smile. "Do I know you?" Zeus asked. His eyes studying me? "What's your name?" Fuck, what do I say?

"My name is Colt," I can't believe I just lied but my throat was dry and I wanted to run away just like I did in the past.

"Oh," he sounded disappointed. "You just look a lot like an old friend of mine but will take the Domaine Leroy," his smile melted me while his steel-blue eyes glared at me. I don't think he was convinced.

"And I'm chopped liver," Markus laughed.

"Bring us a Romanée-Conti as well, we are celebrating Zeus's award for number one song," he tapped his arm as his cheeks turned a rosy red.

"I love your song Forbidden," it was word vomit. It came out. I wanted the floor to swallow me whole.

"A fan," his eyes smiled while he just gazed at me. I had to break this tension.

"I'll be right back with your wine, we have the sirloin steak with steamed vegetables or the Alaskan salmon sautéed in light garlic butter with vegetables as well. I'll be back as soon as I can," I tilted my head and power walked to the backroom.

I needed to breathe. Zeus Storm is outside and I'm freaking out. My heart jumped for joy but I was scared shitless. Why is he here? There are so many restaurants in Los Angeles, why this one? I bit my finger and controlled my anxiety. I closed my eyes and calmed myself. "You're fine, Beau. Well, Colt for tonight."

I went back outside and grabbed the two wine bottles they ordered and put them in an ice bucket. "Colt?" Margo stopped me. She had a grin on her lips and raised her brow.

"I'll explain later, just say my name is Colt," my eyes begged and she waved her hands for me to get out there.

I opened the tray and placed the bucket of wine on top. I poured the Domaine to Zeus, who I felt his gaze burn the side of my face. Then I poured Markus his Romanée. "Thank you, son. Excellent service," Markus was a handsome older man. Salt and pepper hair. Well built, blue eyes, and a charming smile.

"I haven't done much, just bring out your wine bottles," my cheek burned and my body was extremely hot.

"Well you're doing a damn good job," he softly tapped my shoulder.