Protecting Him

We finally got out of the pier after an hour of signing shirts, hands, postcards, taking selfies, and satisfying every fan I could

We finally got out of the pier after an hour of signing shirts, hands, postcards, taking selfies, and satisfying every fan I could. The security escorted us away from the crowd and to a silent street. I need to get security after I sign with Empire Records because that was insane.

I thanked the security and even signed a postcard for one of them, he said his teenage daughter loves me so it's the least I can do for him. I quickly took out my cellphone and ordered us an Uber. I glanced at Beau, he looked overwhelmed but he smiled at me. He hasn't changed one bit, he's still very innocent but more mature. I know he's hiding something from me but I'll let him tell me on his term but I'm dying to know what happened to us.

"The Uber says they'll be here in like 5 minutes, you ok?" I asked while I put my hat on again but left my sunglasses off.

"I'm good, you did amazing out there. It was like seeing you again at those local shows you would do in high school," I remember he would watch me from the back of the room while everyone crowded in front of him, he never complained. He was always there for support. He would be caught in my spell just like everyone else.

"Did you like the song?" I asked because he inspired me in high school. He was my first real friend, he never judged me for having everything, he never took advantage of me even when he admitted he was gay, he was just there, my best friend, my true friend.

"Of course I did. It reminded me of high school, of you and me," he glanced at the moon while the light beamed on his smooth face. His lips parted and his blue eyes glowed like bioluminescent waves.

"Glad you noticed because it was inspired by you and me," I admitted, his eyes locked with mine. We had a moment to ourselves, what was this tingling feeling inside me? This was foreign to me but my body wanted to get closer to him; to feel his face against my fingers, to touch his lips with my thumb, to feel his lips against mine.

I erased that image from my thoughts. He was my best friend. I never thought of him in that way. I'm not sure if he ever did? I was always comfortable around him, even if I got laughed at in high school.

Our Uber driver parked in front of us. We unlocked our gaze and went inside the car. It was silent for a bit. I could hear my heartbeat pace faster and the blood flow through my veins, the adrenaline was still loaded in me when suddenly I heard his stomach growl.

He held his stomach as we both laughed. "You hungry?" I checked my watch and it was going to be 11 pm. I leave in the afternoon tomorrow so I still have time to rest.

He nodded and fidgeted with his fingers. What is going on in his head?

"To the closest hamburger diner," I told the Uber driver and he nodded. "Let's go eat before we head back to my room."

His eyes lit up. I'm guessing he did want to hang out. He gazed outside the window while the buildings passed us like blurs. I gazed at his face again and my hands tingled once more. Was I attracted to him? The Uber parked right outside a cozy diner. It had a few people going in but it wasn't crazy busy.