Family Blessings

I know my blood left my face when he told me the initials

I know my blood left my face when he told me the initials. Markus Empire Jr, I'm him. My heart jolted with happiness but at the same time why didn't he look for me? Maybe it wasn't easy. I'm not upset but I do have to ask him one day. Right now I just want to hug him.

"Dad?" My lips trembled as he stepped closer. He had a sweet scent of vanilla as well. I couldn't help but chuckle in my head.

"Son, please tell me I'm not dreaming, are you really in front of me?" I heard his words choke a bit. His eyes were glossy and that's when I saw a tear come down his cheek. He cupped my face and studied my eyes. "How can you not be my son. I knew I felt something when I interviewed you. You have my eyes."

I studied his features as well. His face was matured and had fine lines of aging but it was minimal. He had salt and pepper hair and was a bit taller than me. I could see where I got my jawline as well. He was definitely a looker. He didn't wait any further. He pulled me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around his back. I couldn't hold my tears anymore. I cried into his chest. "Dad, I thought I was all alone and now I have a father again," I pulled away as he wiped his tears.

"Father again?" he asked.

"My father passed away a year ago and my mother two years ago," those words still hurt to say. They were my parents.

"I'm so sorry, Beau. Tell me everything. I want to know your life, where have you been? I need to know about the people who raised you. I just need to know. My dear boy, my son," he kissed the top of my head and pulled me again into a bear hug. He laughed with joy. "My boy is finally back. I've dreamt of this day."

"Maybe we should do dinner another time then," Zeus interrupted.

"No, this is a celebration. We are going to have the best of time. My treat," Markus went behind his desk. "I almost forgot my cellphone," he dialed someone. "Missy, darling, book me a table for four at Diamonds." He had the biggest grin on his face. "It's a celebration. I found my son. I'll explain later, don't tell anyone just yet. Thank you, darling." He hung up and fixed his jacket. "All of you are my family. Beau, my son. Zeus, you're my biggest asset, and Rhett, you are my hidden gem, you're going to break charts. I promise you."

He came closer and pulled me into a hug again. "Come over here, Zeus and Rhett. You two are stuck here with me," we all laughed and I think I saw Zeus's eyes get watery. Rhett winked at me. My life was getting a little better. My heart jumped for joy but I need answers and I know my dad does too. I need to read the letter my mom left.

******

It's been a couple of days since I found out my long-lost dad was Markus Empire. He immediately wanted to add me to his will but lawyers wanted a paternity test and the results were 99.98 positive. Markus Empire was my dad, a billionaire of a music empire. This was all surreal to me. It's been chaos at work as well. I was the headline story on the internet and the media were spinning so many conspiracy theories.