The Stalker

I landed in Paris, France and I was excited to see my dad's new project

I landed in Paris, France and I was excited to see my dad's new project. Although I wanted to spend time with Zeus. He's been so busy that I hardly see him but I won't be gone too long. I paid for the taxi and got dropped off at a luxury hotel. I walked straight to the reception as the young lady greeted me. "Bienvenue à l'hôtel Diamond. Comment puis-je t'aider?"

"I'm sorry do you speak English?"

"Yes, how can I help you today?" she had a lovely smile and bright blue eyes.

"My father is registered here. He's expecting me, can I get his room number?"

"His name?"

"Markus Empire." She typed his name.

"And your name sir, just to make sure you're a person he put on the list for security purposes."

"Beau Knight."

"Ok, your name is on the list. He checked out last night. He's on his way back home," I was at a loss for words. My dad called me yesterday. I'm not losing my mind, am I?

She noticed the confusion on my face and tilted her face. "Is something wrong, would you like to book a room?"

I forced a smile and quickly took out my phone. "No thank you. I'll be right back," I waved goodbye as she called the next guest. I sat in the lobby as my hands began to tremble. What's going on?

But then my phone started to ring. It was my dad. I quickly answered. "Dad! Where are you?"

"Son, I just got into the office. Where are you?" he sounded just as confused as me.

"You called me yesterday and told me to come to France that you wanted me to see the project."

"No son, I never called you. The project is still being discussed. I'm very confused about what's going on? But...," he stopped and that didn't sound good.

"But what dad?"

He took a deep breath. "Son, don't panic. I called Detective Hampton but Zeus is missing. He didn't show up at his condo or hasn't shown up this morning. Detective is questioning everyone," the blood left from my face. Tears formed in my eyes as I felt my heart stop beating for a few seconds.

"Zeus—is—missing," I stuttered. I quickly stood up and walked outside. I waved down a cab. I got to my senses and my blood boiled. No one is taking Zeus from me, not this time. "I'm buying a plane ticket as soon as I get to the airport. I'll see you in a couple of hours. Please dad find him."

"I'll do my best, son. Get here as soon as you can," I hung up and threw my suitcase in the back of the cab that had stopped. I don't know who the hell is up to this and no one comes to mind. I closed my eyes and envisioned the worst but now it's not the time for that. Zeus is safe and alive. Please, please, find him before I get there.