Cuddling With My Bestfriend

My throat was dry and my hands were trembling

My throat was dry and my hands were trembling. He figured out who I was and I'm not sure if I can talk to him face to face. I took my tie off and left the top unbuttoned, that's a bit of a relief. But the fact that he's waiting for me outside is killing me inside. Do I run away through the back and just find another job or do I put on my big boy pants and talk to him? My thoughts were going a million miles per hour and I'm not sure what to do.

"Good job tonight? I know you had only one table but you helped everyone else with theirs. You're a good person Beau, you deserve so much and more," I turned around and Margo was standing by the door.

"Thanks, and it's not a problem. I like to help," I closed my locker and put my wallet in my back pocket.

"Zeus told me to tell you to meet him outside. It looks like he wants to talk. I can see hurt in his eyes just like I'm seeing in yours, just give him a chance to talk," a curve formed on her lips. I took a deep breath and nodded.

"I am. I just never thought he would come barging into my life again but I guess I can't run from the past forever," I walked towards her and she held out an envelope.

"It's a little something extra for all your hard work," I was about to hesitate when she stopped me. "I'm not taking no for an answer, you earned this and so much more. Let people inside here," she lifted her hand and touched my heart. I faintly smiled at her and took the envelope.

"Thank you. I do appreciate it," I pulled her into a hug and then walked out. I opened the envelope and saw $500. I was about to turn back but I stopped myself. Let people appreciate you, Beau.

I walked down the empty restaurant with only a few workers sweeping the floors and a bartender organizing the back bar. I glanced at the table Zeus was sitting at and smiled. I saw his image smirking at me and then I remembered he was waiting for me outside. Shit.

I opened the door when a gust of cold wind hit my body. I rubbed my arms and that's when I saw him standing outside. He had unbuttoned his black shirt from the top, revealing his chest. His steel-blue eyes glowed like the moon and he had a jaw-dropping smirk that made me weak in the knees.

"Aren't you cold?" I swallowed hard to relieve the tension in my throat. He walked closer and his musky cologne invaded our proximity.

"I'm warm-blooded you should know that," his deep rusty voice radiated all over my body.

"Yeah, I forgot," he was warm-blooded. He knew I was gay and was comfortable being around me. There was one night in high school I slept over at his house. I would always sleep on the floor on a nice mattress he provided but one night it was extremely cold. The heater in their house was malfunctioning at the time.

*JUNIOR YEAR*

My jaw clenched from how cold his room was. Zeus provided me with an extra warm blanket but the floor was too damn cold. The mattress was soft and comfortable but that wasn't stopping this cold front from aching my bones. It was January and for some reason, it was oddly cold for this month in California.