Her Return

Life was going great, my single, Invisible, climbed to the top ten after our show with Barbara

Life was going great, my single, Invisible, climbed to the top ten after our show with Barbara. Zeus was still number one but it felt so great to be so close to him. He was an inspiration to me. He gave me good tips and helped me with anxiety before going on stage. I never told anyone but I get nervous as hell when I'm about to perform. My breathing becomes erratic and my heart starts pounding like thunder. I wish I had someone close to me so they can help me great through this.

I see how Beau comforts Zeus, they are perfect together. I'm not going to lie. I'm jealous of what they have. I've always liked Beau but I knew his heart belonged to Zeus, even what happened after high school. Beau was destined to be with Zeus. I try not to let it get to me but when I see them laughing and giving each other kisses, it boils my blood. I'm happy for them but I wish I had that.

We are still doing promotional events and doing some small gigs before we head on tour. Today we are doing a meet and greet with fans. I'm super excited but my nerves were getting the most of me. My palms are getting sweaty and my heart is jumping rapidly in my chest.

I was sitting on the leather couch in our private room. I drank some water to soothe the tightness in my throat when the door opened. It was Beau with a huge smile on his face. He's been the happiest that I have ever seen him. He told me Zeus bought his old house. Zeus is redeeming himself and I'm here lonely as hell but I'm glad Beau is happy. He deserves this and more.

"Zeus is helping set up outside and I came to check up on you," he sat close to me, his legs touching mine and that sparked a jolt in my heart.

"I'm good man, just a little nervous you know," I glanced at the ground and that's when I felt Beau's hand on my leg. My heart was about to burst out of my chest. I didn't want to feel this way about Beau, he is taken and I need to respect that.

"Hey," he grabbed my chin and aligned it was his eyes. "You've done an amazing job and you're going somewhere. You deserve this and more."

His words gave me the courage and it struck my heart with lightning but I was still missing that part in my life, love. "Thanks, man. I'm just missing something," I couldn't say it, not to him.

"What are you missing?" he let my chin go and I got up. I didn't want to do something stupid and then we both regret it.

"Nothing. I'm just overwhelmed with everything. It's a great feeling don't get me wrong but you know. I wish I had someone next to me," I said the words I didn't want to say. He got up and came closer. Damn, he was so handsome. His blue eyes glowed with happiness. He looked so damn good in a suit. He grabbed both my hands and smirked at me.

"Rhett, you'll find someone. I promise you that he'll come soon."

He was so damn sweet. I closed my eyes and swallowed the knot in my throat. "But I want you," I opened my eyes as they widen. Fuck, did I say that out loud?