Seal Our Bond

My mind was trapped in a dark void

My mind was trapped in a dark void. I was lost and confused but every time I heard his voice all my veins jumped for joy. I couldn't open my eyes as my body was a dead battery. What happened to me? All I wanted was to save Beau. I pulled every strength of fiber to break myself from that chair. I tried to get the gun away from Maria but she pulled the trigger and a bullet went through my side, that's when I lost consciousness.

Now I'm trapped within myself. I could feel my heart beating while the blood rushed through my body. I know my dad was here and of course, my mother but Beau has been by my side. 'Please come back to me' is what I heard daily from him. I couldn't even cry or move my finger to tell him. I heard his beautiful voice but then I heard him sing. His voice was magical and vibrant, it's like he woke me up from the dead. I finally felt my hand move and that's when I slowly opened my eyes.

"Zeus, son," it wasn't Beau, it was my mother. I flickered my lashes in confusion. My thoughts were hazy and the light was bright. I closed my eyes again until I could slowly adjust to the light.

I cleared my voice. "Where is Beau?"

I didn't get an answer and that's when my heart started to beat faster. I opened my eyes and aligned them with my mother who hasn't answered me. "Where is Beau?" my voice was raspy and louder that made a sharp pain in my side.

"Zeus, rest. Beau is gone," she cupped my face but the blood left my face, gone?

"What do you mean, gone?"

She glanced at the bed next to mine, it was neatly done. "Beau left. He didn't want to deal with all this anymore. He said he was leaving for good. It's for the best, Zeus. You were better without him," I tried to sit up. I aligned my eyes with my mom's, something told me she wasn't telling me the truth but my side was excruciating at the moment.

"Why are you lying to him?" Madeleine came in.

I turned to my mom who had a small part on her lips. Her eyes wandered and that's when I knew she was lying. "Get out," I said calmly.

"Zeus, I'm your mother...," she started but I ended it.

"Get out!" I yelled as I held my side. Madeleine came over and comforted me. "I told you not to intervene in my life. Now I want you out of it. Get out before I have security escort you out," it hurt to say those words to my mother but this was enough. I had enough. I saw her eyes get glossy. She grabbed her purse and coat.

"I'm sorry," she left. I could finally breathe but this pain was so intense.

"She hasn't changed," I chuckled at Madeleine.

"No she hasn't but I'm done with her manipulation. Do you know where Beau is?"

"I called Markus but he didn't answer so I came over. I peeked in earlier and saw your mother was here so I went to ask the nurse where Beau had gone. She said they left earlier but will be back."