•thirty-nine•

hi my angels !! i just want to quickly add in this note of thanks, just to appreciate how far we've come with this book.

this is the last chapter, as written in chapter thirty eight, and i feel this is where the story should end nicely.

i might do a sequel, but it wouldn't be any time soon as i am caught up with work and the reality of everything.

i would never imagine these many readers in my lifetime, so thank you for reading, sincerely !
this isn't my best book, as i started this novel when i was younger and honestly didn't think of continuing it, until i realise how many reads it began to get. and it has been so fun writing this novel for you all!!

thank you so much angels !! <3

two years into the future

I stared down at the green that encompassed the stone, swallowing the rough edges and bending along each curve. I watched the flowers bloom from every corner, and the sun beam down on the slab.

A hand comforted me, landing lightly onto my shoulder, tapping every few seconds and rubbing tentatively with the wind.

I loved him, he was a man of compassion and loyalty, full of happiness and only respect for anyone that crossed his path.

He didn't deserve this, he deserved to find love and to get married, to start a family of his own. Yet he risked it all that one day, where I found myself lost in love.

The flowers from my last visit have already withered away, and the more I sit here staring down at the grass, the guiltier I feel.

He wouldn't want me to feel sorrow when thinking of him. He would want to be remembered happily, joyfully, no tears shed for him but instead sincere smiles at the mention of his name.

"You want some more time?"

I turn around at the sound of his voice, my hand stretching out to take his and I smile. "Let's go."

He pulls me closer, hands entwined as we make our way towards the car parked outside of the cemetery. He places a sweet kiss on my forehead and opens the car door for me.

Sitting down, I feel a hand from behind tap my shoulder. I turn around, eyes landing on my beautiful son who was staring at me worriedly.

"Mom."

"Yes dear?" I caress his face, watching him with love and care.

"Why do we come here every week?" He asks innocently, watching as I bite down on my bottom lip, wondering what there is to say to such a young boy.

"I come here to visit a superhero. He saved my life, and I miss him a lot."

His eyes brighten, and he smiles in shock. "Can I meet him!? Is he really a superhero!?"

I laugh, tucking one of his stray strands behind his ear and I smile. "He's an angel now. But he watches over us, that includes you." I tap his small nose.

He chuckles. I watch Hyunjin, who stares at the two of us so affectionately. I'm glad he understands. I'm so lucky to have a husband like him. Although we battled a tough war, the results payed off. And now look at where we are. I just wish that Jaehyun was able to feel the way I do right now. To experience life beyond It's boundaries. I've known Hyunjin all my life, as an adolescent, and as a woman. He has seen my worst, and my best. But that's what makes a good couple.

He squeezes my hand, putting the keys in the ignition and starting the car.

I have visited Jaehyun every single day since his death, I can't bare to lose him. As long as I sit aside his gravestone, feeling the wind weave through my hair as I talk to his spirit, I feel like I can finally be happy with Hyunjin.

That's what Jaehyun always wanted. Happiness for the ones he loved. And now, after Yerim left, fled to France to escape her grieving and sheer pain, her failed attempt to kill me that only landed her into the darkest hour of her life, I understand the word happiness.

My love life has been pretty fucked up, but it always landed me back to Hyunjin.

In other words, the universe has finally brought me to my soulmate once again. My high school sweetheart, my adulthood love, and now to be my happy ever after.

It's so strange, this all started with something so stupid.

It all started with just a crush.

"What are you thinking about love?"

I turn to Hyunjin and shake my head with a soft smile on my lips. "You. Us, how everything turned out. I'm just happy you're in my life."

He smiles, warmth spreading to my cheeks as I stare down at the ring on our fingers, colliding as he takes my hand in his.

"I love you." He says.

"I love you more."