•twenty-nine•

"I'm heading into town

"I'm heading into town. I need some coffee." I grumble, walking down the stairs as I multitasked putting on my shoes.

I enter the kitchen and I face Lucas who is cooking up what seemed like french toast.

"Are you sure you can? I mean... with the private eye lurking around." He props the bread onto a plate.

Ever since my eminence exceeded, I became a millionaire. But it was lonely and horrible.

So I let Lucas move in with me into my house. It's not mansion-big. I'd feel empty if it was.

"Ill just keep my hood up. Worst for worst, i'll be making out in public and caught lense-to-lense.

"Well ever since Hyunjin began playing around with Yerim, you've been MIA. Isn't it time for you to move on L?" Lucas took a mouthful of the french toast in and devoured it loudly.

I fixed my coat and put my hood up.
"I'm afraid of loving again, Lucas. I'll just end up fucking everything up." I walked towards the door taking one glance back.

"I won't be too long."

///

I ambled down under the mornings incandesce, scanning the streets for my favourite coffee shop. Heavens.

I find myself at the door of the coffee shop, pushing the glass door to alarm a jingle of the bell.

"Good morning Miss Davis! Long time no see." The manager, Haru beamed, raising a hand to wave.

I smile. "Good morning Haru."

I fixate on the menu's and then walk up closer to the counter. "A flat white please. For here." I say, turning my head to the throngs of people.

"The café's pretty packed this morning." I turn back to haru. He chuckles. "Ah, yes. Well ever since our celebrity customer arrived, everyone wanted to go to the same coffee shop as them. It's strange." Haru came back to the counter with a mug of coffee.

I nod. "Who is this celebrity?—"

Suddenly loud screams and chirps began to erupt all around the cafe, booming against the walls as the volume maximised.

I blocked my eyes, squinting and turning to the door, seeing a woman walk in acquainted by a man, tall and handsome...

But this woman...

I narrow my eyes and blink a couple of times to try focus until I realise.

"Yerim? Jaehyun?" I mumble to myself.

The pair walk towards a table towards the far end, by a window and surrounded by beautiful earthly plants.

I stare at Jaehyun, for some reason my eyes prevent themselves from looking away. He was handsome but cocky.

Very cocky.

Suddenly, his head shifts in my direction and his eyes open to meet mine. My eyes widen and I lose balance, closing my eyes and suddenly falling back.

I hit my head against the hard wooden floorboards, and my body slams against the floor too.

I feel a stinging pain shoot up my spine towards my nape as I groan and grumble.

"Are you alright?" A deep voice echoes. I look up to see Jaehyun, his hand pushed forward in reach of mine.

He beckons me to take it, as I do. I put my hand in his, it sliding perfectly into his palm.

His hand was much bigger than mine, but it felt like a jigsaw puzzle finally put together.

I flush a bright vermillion as he props me up to my feet.

Our eyes stay glued to each others, like in a kdrama as if we were the protagonists.

I stare into his, finding myself lost in the honey brown orbs. They reminded me of someone...

"Are you alright... Lottie?" He scans my face, repeating his words.

I snap out of my trance and nod. "Yes, thanks."

"Miss Davis your coffee." Haru shouts at me. I turn around and smile.

"Why did you leave like that?" I suddenly ask.

"Like what?" He replies, quirking a brow upwards.

"Like when you drove away right after I told you my name."

He scratched the back of his neck, rubbing his nape tentatively.

"It's just... " He pauses.

Suddenly it hits me. He's with Yerim. He walked in here with Yerim.

Maybe she has some sort of plan that he is included in.

Shit is he a bad guy? Maybe I underestimated the fact that we could be the protagonists. Maybe he's an antagonist?

"Yknow what, it's fine. It was nice meeting you again." I nod my head towards him, heading towards my coffee. "Is it okay if I could get this to go instead?" I ask Haru.

He looks at Jaehyun and then back at me. "Is this because of Mr. Handsome-man-staring-at-you." He smirked, packaging the coffee.

I chuckle nervously. "He's not that handsome..." I mumble absolute nonsense.

"Okay go on. But make sure to visit some time soon!" Haru hollers at me as I leave the coffee shop.

I take a glance back as I push through the glass door and see him staring at me with an unsure face.

My heart is pulsating at a rate too far from normal.

"Fuck."

He's a dickhead anyway. He probably has girls lining up for him.

He must be teaming up with Yerim to get back at me for... the... hyunjin situation.

Why can't I just fall in love normally?