•three•

"He couldn't have been that bad!" Bea complained, taking a bite of her rice cake

"He couldn't have been that bad!" Bea complained, taking a bite of her rice cake. "I swear, he has this cold demeanour that really gives me goosebumps." I faked a shiver and then greeted my best friend Felix who had just approached our table.

"I hate boys, officially." He whined, sitting down next to me as he haughtily pulled a sandwich out of his bag. "Woahhh what's happening with you?" I asked him. He turned to me, agitated. "Changbin keeps getting under my skin, but then he just throws me away when he's around his new friend." Felix ranted on, pissed off clearly.

"Who's this new friend of his, Lix?" Bea asks him. Felix sighed. "Fucking Hwang Hyunjeen or something." He took a rather large bite of his sandwich. "Hwang Hyunjin." I spoke through gritted teeth.

"Oh yeah, that's his name. How do you know him?" Felix raised his eyebrows and fixated on me. I ate some of my coconoodles then turned to him. "He's an asshat. He's pissed off with me because I'm popular." I rolled my eyes. "I don't ask for the praises and greetings every minute of my life! In fact; I'd prefer not to receive them but what can I do?" I sulked into my seat and shoved the coco noodles away from my reach.

"All the girls love him. Lottie, I think that he might be the new popular student of this school..." Felix sipped his carton of whatever juice in an amusing manner.

"Whatever, I'm going to class early. I need to study some more anyways." I yawned, standing up with my coco noodles in my hand, heading towards the bin. But instead I walk straight into someone and accidentally spill all of my noodles on them. "Shit I'm sorry!" I panic, looking up to see a provoked Hyunjin. My eyes returned back to normal, from their nervous state.

"Oh, it's you." I sighed, crossing my hands. "Omg Hyunjin!! Baby!!! Are you okay?" Girls approached him.

I looked to them and they instantly froze. "Oh my god, the two popular students together? They make a great couple." A girl squealed.

"We're not dating." I state firmly, earning an eyebrow-raised Hyunjin who seems surprised by my simple answer. He must've been expecting me to stutter. "Awww you'd look cute." She walks away, disheartened. "No they fucking wouldn't." A familiar voice leers. I turn around to see Mila. One of the rich, snobby students who don't know how to control their emotions.

"Hyunjin, I wouldn't be talking to this g—" but before Mila could finish her sentence full of insults, Hyunjin had walked away, and out of the cafeteria.

I sighed, rubbing my temples. "Don't think that just because you're popular, you can get Hyunjin." She threatened me, staring deeply and in the intensely into my eyes. "I'm not after Hyunjin, Mila. He's too cold and the opposite of my type." I shook my head, making my way out of the cafeteria. I needed a break. In fact my eye contacts have been irritating me all day.

I wear eye contacts instead of glasses to school, so they're always itchy and irritating me. I head to my locker and fish out some eye drops. "I need a break, god." I exhale to myself as I prepare towards my hideout. The rooftop. Nobody goes there, it's forbidden actually. But I have my ways of sneaking up there.

I walk up the daunting stairs and reach the rooftop at last. I push through the door and turn the corner to where I'd sit. The place where you'd get a beautiful view of the town. But instead of an emptiness, I see Hyunjin. He's sitting there, staring out with the same emotionless face. Solid and cold.

I decide to join him. I sit next to him and earn a dirty look from him. "What? This was my hideout first." I bicker. He just ignores my presence as if I was the most annoying person.

"How are you finding the school?" I ask him out of the blue. He fixates on me before side glancing and looking away. I roll my eyes. Pathetic. "Oh come on just tell me." I sigh. "Why do you care?" He looked over at me, with a questioning look.

I raise my eyebrows. "I never said I cared, I was just engaging in conversation." I defend myself but he doesn't seem too pleased. "I don't want to talk." He speaks death like. Jesus how many melodramas has he been watching.

I rush towards him before he leaves. "Look, I don't give two shits about you Hyunjin, I'm just trying to be nice so why don't you show a little sympathy back." I push past him and run down the stairs.

Cold. That's what he is. Cold.