•thirty-one•

After a while of attempting to escaping Jaehyun's embrace, I finally made it to set

"You're here. Go over your lines we're having technical issues." My manager approached me, tapping me on the shoulder.

I made my way toward my seat, sluggishly sitting down and slouching.

I discarded my script from my handbag, scanning over the lines for our next shoot.

But there was this anxious pool in the pit of my stomach, building up. I felt as if someone was watching me from afar, but in a deadly, irreconcilable way. As much as I tried to scrap the thought from my mind, it just kept building up again and again.

Having a look for myself, I take a look at my surroundings. I notice nothing, until I fixate on Hyunjin. He's staring at me in a bitter way. As if all he wanted to do was have me under his spell with his deadly glare.

I couldn't help but remember that he acted the same way when Jaehyun and I got caught making out in the back room.

That makes no sense though, as he strictly told me he has no feelings whatsoever for me.

Shaking my head, one of the set producers calls my name to head toward the meeting room, where we discuss our lines and the next scene.

I walk in, beckoned to sit next to Hyunjin.

"So, now that we are all here, i'd like to discuss a few things." The director projects from the top of the room.

Listening carefully, I keep getting distracted by the grim tension emitting from Hyunjin.

It can't be jealousy. It's impossible for him to feel in any way amorous for me.

I like Jaehyun. For sure.

Suddenly, I jump in my seat as I feel an arm run up my arm.

I turn my head to the other side of me and see Jaehyun, sitting there.

Why was he here?

Is it possible he's filling in for Yerim..

"Hey." He whispers, his finger burning circles into my skin. I shudder under his touch. It was a weird, sensational tactility I was infatuated with.

It reminds me of Hyunjin. The way he would hold my hand, and that weird sense of elation would run over me.

SLAM!

I flinch at the sound of two fists slamming against the table in anger.

I turn in direction of the noise and see Hyunjin, standing there with his fists slammed into the table and his eyes burning into mine with vexation.