•twenty•

"Well, I have a concert here

"Well, I have a concert here." He said, his mask lowering so that he could speak.

I inhaled, my hands clasping together. "Oh." My lips formed an O.

Hyunjins eyes suddenly alarmingly grew wider, and his mask snaked up to his lips once again. He quickly grabbed my forearm and dragged me behind a small convention store.

I smacked him lightly, my eyebrows furrowed. "What was that for—" I speak but he cuts over me before I finish.

"—shut up, there are people!" He spoke with gritted teeth. I rolled my eyes and took a breath. "What do you mean Hyunjin, there are people everywhere!" I whine but he covers my mouth, obviously tired of all the moaning.

"I mean." He paused, peering around the corner and then back at me. "Paparazzi. The private eye." He whispered, exhaling before letting his grip loosen, and his hands fall limply to his side.

"You really are famous now, huh." I mumbled the last bit, staring down at my feet as I kicked them up and down.

Hyunjin sighed. "I guess. It's just a bit too much for me sometimes." He opened up.

I looked up at him with warm, soft eyes. "Hm?" I hummed in response.

He leaned against the brick wall his arms crossing over his chest as he looked up.

He fixated on me for a while, his body emitting an aura of doubt, but he proceeded in his words in spite of that.

"Ever since I became an idol; and pretty well known, I've been plastered on covers of magazines, brochures, even commercials. But I never seem to ya be privacy. Which was expected..." his sentence was adjourned for a split second.

"...so everything is just like a jigsaw puzzle. All over the place; so day by day I must put the pieces together, jumble them up again afterward and put them together again and again. Going in circles." He pushed himself off of the wall.

I stared at him with empathy. I felt bad for him; though he was living his dream...he just can't seem to spare time for enjoying his youthful days.

"We should catch up." I blurted out. He stared at me with uncertainty, which made my stomach coil.

"I don't think that would be...appropriate." He addressed, which baffles me to think. Why?

"Why wouldn't it be appropriate?" I asked, feeling myself only grow stupider second by second.

"Look...Lottie. You can't tell anyone as this is exclusive to the outside world." He informed me. I nodded to an oath I knew I could keep.

"I have a girlfriend....and I don't think it would exactly gratify her if her boyfriend started hanging out with his ex again." He apprised me, potently speaking the truth alone.

But him saying that he had a girlfriend? Why did that sting a little? It was like venom shooting straight through my veins. My nerve system acting up again.

"You have..a girlfriend?" I began to pump him for clarification. I just thought that maybe my ears needed a little clearing out.

"Yeah..um. Her name is Rosalee. We met only 4 months back but ever since I met her...it felt ecstatic." He began to provide me with information; sustainable to only whom desires to listen. Plainly speaking...everyone but me. His ex girlfriend who inadvertently broke his heart. Mind you...he broke up with me.

"Shit. Sorry." He split my wild though with the loud ringtone of his phone.

"I'll see you around...Lottie." He tapped my shoulder before heading off.

I stood there dumbfounded and lost for words.

Maybe I truly did still have some sort of affection for him. Or perhaps it was just straight-forward malady to the brain. Or heart to be exact.

++++
Omg my lazy ass hadn't updated in a while, I apologise for that lmao. Well I hope you enjoyed this chapter! It wasn't anything exciting I apologise but I can inform you that from now on things get spicier than ramen 🤭