•twenty-five•

6 Months Later

6 Months Later.

"Lottie! Over here!"

"Lottie! Look here!"

Staff pestered me from all corners of the room. Today I was having the first ever meeting for my newest film Paradise. I'll be playing the leading female, striving for a man. It's a heated romance which excites me.

"Lottie, i'd like you to meet the leading male, and lover of your character in the film. ALSO protagonist..." The producer brought me into the office.

A tall man, stood lean and dandy. His shoulders stayed pointed up, without a slouch.

He had dark black hair, passionate and phosphorescent. Not too far from becoming a mullet. Amidst the patterned walls, his basic hoodie was by far more unique. And his shoes were the one and only plain white converse.

He reminded me of someone. Someone who never embellished themselves in jeweller and many expensive products.

That's when it hit me. Before I could brace myself for the truth, the producer hmmph'd.

"Mr. Hwang. She's here."

He turned around, his hand held up to his quintessential lips, tinted a bright flamingo pink.

But there was a difference.

A big difference in his features.

He was pallid, whey-faced. As if he was benumbed of emotions. Like an insomniac suffering at night.

He looked restless, pasty and desolated. It made my heart clench a bit, but he's the one that hurt me. All I ever did was love him. Yes I lied, and I know that. But I tried for our relationship that was slowly dissipating yet all he did was suit up for someone else. Pretending as if I was just a spectre. A cipher in his eyes.

He confessed to loving me, yet he had the intrepidity to manducate whatever was there.

I stood still, thawed from the voice I had loathed for quite a long time. "Nice to meet you." I choked, gnawing every word with hurt.

"Likewise." He shook my hand, his eyes fixated beyond mine.

Shaking away from his trance, I indulge the tense atmosphere as it is all we have left.

"I hope you guys work well together so we can get this show on the road!" The producer grinned. I scowled silently at him.

Hyunjin was acting as if he didn't know me. That's what stung.

It felt like hot iron rings were being pressed against my once-pulsating heart.

The door slams behind us as the producer leaves us alone in this suppressed ambience we were in together.

"I heard you won an award for best leading female." Hyunjin summoned up, his hands set into his jean pockets.

A bundle of emotions enclose on me like an envelope. I feel sucked into this bubble of nerves, that it's jam-packed and it's most definitely purgatory.

I open my mouth the speak.
"Let's keep it civil. Simple and well.." I pause.

"...formal."

Those words force out of my mouth as if I was held at gunpoint. But it felt like that. All these days. Weeks. Months. Minutes. Hours of waiting, I still can't seem to find love. Because it always circles back to....

"You." I accidentally say aloud, clasping a hand over my lips.

Hyunjin quirks up an eyebrow and stares intently at me. "What about me?" He said straightforwardly, without tone.

"I-uh." I stuttered, staring down at my feet and then taking a breath, looking up at him. But once we make eye contact my stability crumbles.

"How have you been?" I make up, rubbing my nape nervously.

"It's good. I'm getting on well with my girl and my fans have been quite surprisingly supportive."

I find myself grow bitter from that remark.

"So...tell me about this...girl." I emphasise, mentally scoffing.

"She's beautiful, fashionable, a model. She's straightforward...yknow. She's not like...immature and shy. She is bold and striving." He dazed into the distance.

I gulp. He just described everything I'm not. An anger and toxic sense rushes through my veins and suddenly my throat coughs up what I regret sincerely.

"So basically; she's everything i'm not." I state. "Got it." I bitterly hiss, walking towards a long wall of posters. Movie posters.

"Look if you're pissed over the airport incident, i'm sorry. But I was in a rush and my fiancée was jealous. I didn't want her to get the wrong idea."

"So you definitely don't feel anything for me anymore?" I grow confident, striding towards him, each step sultry.

He gulped, his hands clenched as I move forward. I don't know what i'm trying  to initiate. All I want is for a spark to light up inside of him.

Inches apart, his hand hang loosely at his sides until my eyes meet his. They bore into his and fill with an emblem of ecstasy.

"Tell me." I whisper into his ear. "You don't feel anything towards me? Zero?"

He gulped again, his hands now lightly on my hips. Either invoking a STOP or an IM LISTENING kind of manner.

"Because..." I pause, leaning in forward. My mind was spiralling, doing passionate pirouettes as his touch was driving me crazy. Yet he was hardly touching me. His hands were lightly on my waist.

".....I know that I still feel something. And this feeling is two sided." I finish.

His eyes widen and suddenly his eyes fixate on my lips. My lips only....

TO BE CONTINUED.