•thirty-six•

"What do you mean she's not here?"

"She's at Jaehyun's."

"Well, where is that?" Hyunjin sighed, running a hand through his slick hair, dampened from the sweat pouring down his face.

"Look, Hyunjin.. you've hurt Lottie enough. I don't want you hurting her even more."

"No,I-it's not like that! I love her, and I'm sure she loves me too-"

"-That's a bit rash, don't you think?"

"Look, I'm in love with her. Everything's been complicated because of Yerim, and now that I've decided to man up, I-i can finally-"

"Tell her that.. Hyunjin. Because right now, I think she loves someone else all the same."

Hyunjin's eyes went cold. His face pale, and his mouth agape.

"W-what? What do you mean she loves someone else?"

Lucas sighed. "Jaehyun has been only but supportive during your on-and-off relationship. If I were you Hyunjin, I'd be chasing after the woman instead of running from her." 

Hyunjin's eyes flickered a glimmer of hope. Flickering back to Lucas, he began to pant heavily.

"Thank you, Lucas! I know what to do now- goodbye- thanks!" 

Hyunjin began to sprint down the block, pressing the elevator buttons aggressively, and desperately. 

Jaehyun came into the room with a cup of warm lemon and honey. Placing the warm cup into my hand's I took a brief sip from the healing beverage and smiled.

"This should help with the head cold."

Jaehyun stared at me with sympathy, eye's sad, but his lip's happy. Like a mask, to make me feel better.

"Thank you, Jaehyun. This is really nice... sincerely." I said softly, sniffling from my blocked nose.

My mind was else ware. Neither heaven, neither hell. I was content.

I noticed Jaehyun's couple of attemps to speak, his mouth bobbing open and shut  a couple times.

"W-well.. when you arrived this morning, you seemed a bit..."

"..Upset? Pissed off?"

Stunned by my interpretation and honesty, Jaehyun nodded.

I smiled sadly. "I don't even know him anymore. I-it's like, I'm his toy. When he get's bored he picks me up, plays with me, and then tosses me away when he get's a brand new, shiny toy."