•six•

Days went by and to an end, he never spoke. Science was the only time we both conversed, and it was only necessary. Not another word was spoken about the heated kiss we both shared. Besides, it was only because he owed me one, and sticking to that mindset was better.

Finals were next week, and I was only fixed on one major. Fashion and design. I was so stressed about College that it helped at times when id think about the kiss.

"This is all too fast." I shook my head. It had been months since the kiss.

But if felt shorter. "Work. Come on Lottie." I chanted in the full up school library. Many seniors were preparing for finals and all I could do was either think about Hyunjin or run away from home.

I decided to take a break and head up to my hideout like always. On the plus side; Hyunjin stopped hanging up there.

I made my way up the stairs, the same routine with pushing the door at the brink of its hinges and deffer to try and not make a loud rusty squeak.

My feet align itself with my pace as I stumble towards the edge of the school building and plonk myself down to sit in a position where my feet hang off of its edge.

I don't speak to myself this time although; all I do is blank out into the distance of the horizon line meeting the orange sky.

I imagine my father coming home and embracing me so lovingly that I become breathless. I imagine him cooking his signature father makes dinner night meal for us, with a prideful grin while we stuff our faces of what's left of enchiladas as that's all he was worthy of making.

I hear a sudden hmmph behind me as I shift around and prioritise a lean figure, tall and broad with masculinity vivid in his stance. But then I come to my senses and realise.

"Hyunjin?" I murmur under my breath. He turns around with his eyes focused shut and his hands are tightly set in his pockets. He opens them eventually, and all I can do is remember the kiss like before, and exhale.

"What do you want?" He reclines into a sneer. I narrow my eyes and shake my head as I stand up to walk towards the winter breeze of a person.

"I don't get it. I haven't done anything wrong! I would greet you kindly and you would only retaliate in such a cold manner." I bite through chattered teeth as the frost had only hit me.

Hyunjin didn't roll his eyes, nor snigger which was surprising. He remained quiet but his eyes somehow spoke a lot while they bored into mine.

I felt my heart thump wildly so I looked away towards the now grapefruit sky.
"Say something for gods sake." I scowled, my upper lip curving into a smug looking way.

"You're popular." He looks up towards the champagne sky.

"So what?" I knit my eyebrows together. "So you use your pride against reality. You assume everyone looks up to you as their heir. Where really you're just someone fake who has no self esteem so they use it against others." He spoke more words than I had ever heard.

And I regret it. My heart hurt. It stung real bad. Is that what everyone thinks of me as or just him? My eyes are coated with tears that are begging to fall but I keep them in and turn my back, looking out at the city. "Because I'm popular, I just have to be made the monster." A tear rolls down my cheek. "I didn't ask for the praises. I didn't ask for the compliments, Hyunjin. I'm getting praised for the wrong reason." I had blabbered it out of my stupid mouth.

He furrowed his eyebrows. "What reason?" He exhaled. "Go on, tell me your excuse." He spoke as if I had done something bad. "You'll find out, eventually." And with those words I stormed out towards the only place I could feel safe.