Prologue

"Francesca, how are you feeling today?" My psychiatrist asks.

"The same as yesterday and the day before that." I look out the window, but focus on my reflection. I have become a shadow of myself. "Who am I if I'm not with him?"

"With who, Francesca? You showed up on my doorstep a month ago, claiming you were kidnapped." Doctor I don't know says. I should try to remember her name. "We are trying to help you. I know what you experienced was bad. Let's put this person behind bars so they can't hurt you or anyone else."

She is going about this all wrong.

"I'm not pressing charges against him. None of you will ever know who kidnapped me." I let a smile creep upon my lips. "What's your name again?"

"Patty," she sighs. "Can you at least tell me what happened?"

"It started out as a normal day, but then things got weird." I look around the room. He has to be listening to this. There is no way he just left me.

"Keep going," Patty encourages.

"That's the thing, I can't continue. He will come back for me. I know he will. There is no way that he would just leave me." I shake my head as tears start to fill my eyes. "We love each other."

"You love him?" I can hear the understanding in her voice.

"It's not what you think. This isn't some Stockholm Syndrome scenario." I shake my head at her as she purses her lips. "I'm going to school to become a psychiatrist. I was focusing on Stockholm syndrome when I was kidnapped. This isn't that."

It's not that. It can't be that. I have spent so much time studying Stockholm Syndrome. I would know if I had it. We are in love and he will come back to me. He has to.

"What do you think this is then?" Patty softly asks.

"I don't know. That's what I'm trying to understand." I bring my hands up to run my fingers through my hair, but I end up slightly pull my hair.

None of this makes sense. He was never supposed to leave me. We are meant to be together. He promised me that.

Why did you leave me, Niall?

***

A/N

Hello my wonderful readers! Thank you for waiting so patiently for this book. This is a dark Niall story. This story will be completely different from my other stories, but I promise it will be just as good as the others. At least I hope it is haha. I will be posting the first chapter Tuesday.

Just a few of things. One, this is a dark story. Niall is a jerk and there will be times where you won't like him. There are also going to be parts of this story that are triggering. This is the only warning I will put, so read at your own risk. The second thing is the comments. If you write that this story is like a different story I will delete the comments. I have worked hard on this story and all ideas are my own.
Lastly, I will not be using any of the 1D families in this story. You will understand why the more you read.

I am so excited for this story! It has been a lot of fun to work on. I'm excited to share it with you. As of now updates will be once a week, but that could change. Enjoy!