Chapter Twenty-Seven

I look into Harry's eyes and his past flashes through my mind. None of them asked for the life that they have. The difference between them and me is that I have parents that love me. They have never hurt me or abandoned me. I am not the victim here. Niall, Harry, Louis, Liam, and Zayn are. All I can do is help them.

"I'm sorry. I am just confused. This is all being sprung on me." Why didn't Niall tell me?

"You don't need to apologize to me or any of us." Harry forces a smile.

"Because you don't need an apology or because I am above you?" I hope it is the first, but I'm thinking it's the latter. "Wait!" Once Harry confirms my thoughts everything is going to change. "If Niall gets one more night to do whatever he wants then so do I."

"I can't let that happen." Harry looks at me in frustration. "We are in a sexist world. You aren't allowed to get drunk or do anything dumb."

"I don't want to get drunk. I just want one night where the truth isn't weighing me down." Ignorance is bliss and all that.

Harry starts to say, "I don't think-"

I cut Harry off by lifting my finger to his mouth and then I shush him. The bartender sets my shot glass down and I grab it.

"I won't be needing this, so you take it." I push the glass towards Harry. "Thanks for telling me everything. See ya later!"

"Francesca!" Harry yells as I walk off.

I ignore him and make my way downstairs to the dance floor. When I reach the dance floor I start moving to the beat. I spin and I find Lola and Eleanor off to the side watching me. Clearly they are my babysitters for the night. I wave them over and turn around to keep dancing. I let myself get lost in the music.

After a few songs a guy walks up to me asks if I want to dance. Well, he doesn't really ask. He puts his hands on my hips and nods. I look for Niall, but he is nowhere in sight. I don't tell this guy yes, but I don't tell him no either. I know Niall will be pissed if he sees us or finds out, but I don't care. Who even knows what Niall is doing right now? That thought alone pushes me to be reckless. I look up at the tall man. He has light brown hair and blue eyes. He looks older than us. Mid-thirties or maybe even older. The guy looks dangerous and hot.

One song turns into two. The next thing I know we have been dancing together for over a half hour. We haven't said a word to each other, but we are dancing extremely close. I ignore the looks that Eleanor and Lola keep sending my way. This is my last chance to enjoy the small amount of freedom I have been given.

This man somehow pulls me closer and lowers his mouth to my ear. "You are fucking gorgeous. Who are you with?"

As soon as I tell him who I'm with he will leave. I just want to dance with a hot guy and since my hot guy is busy, this guy will have to do. I shrug my shoulders with a smirk.

This doesn't bother him at all. In fact, I think he enjoys it. He keeps me close and starts whispering things no one should ever say to a stranger.

"I want to take you back to my place and drink you up." His voice is gravelly and I try to pull away, but he doesn't let me. "I'm going to fuck you until the sun comes up."

Yeah, this definitely is my cue to leave.

"I don't think my boyfriend would appreciate that." As soon as the word boyfriend leaves my mouth this guy loosens his grip.

"Who is your boyfriend?" He asks as his eyes dart around the club.

"Niall Horan." I say with a smirk.