Chapter Nineteen

The next two weeks fly by. I go to class with Lola, Liam, and Zayn. We then come home and Lola and I study. Next week is finals and then I'm supposed to go visit my family. Niall has let me call my parents once a week. My mom keeps asking if I'm going to come home. I keep telling her yes even though Niall keeps telling me no. I know I can get him to cave. I just need to figure out how.

"Francesca, how can you study when you are tapping your pen so loud?" Lola asks sounding annoyed.

"Sorry, I got distracted by other things." I give her an apologetic smile. We are sitting at the kitchen island studying. "Are you going home for Christmas?"

"I don't know," Lola sighs. "My parents will either become obsessed with Harry or they will hate him. There is no in between with them. I will be stressed the entire time."

"Harry is letting you, though?"

"Yeah, but I live in Manchester. We don't have to leave the country like you do." Lola looks at me nervously. "How are things between you and Niall?"

"As good as they can be. He hasn't opened up to me since that food fight. Niall is always in a mood and I can't seem to bite my tongue. We argue and then we make up." I smirk so she understands what I'm saying.

"Make up sex?" Lola asks quietly.

"Yeah and lots of it."

"You do realize having a relationship with your patient is forbidden and you will lose your license if you do that?" Lola's voice is a mixture of humor and warning.

"I know that. I would never have sex with my patient to fix them. Niall is manageable when we are trading sexual favors." I shrug my shoulders. "Besides, he is really good at it. If I'm stuck here and with him, I might as well enjoy the benefits."

"You seem a lot more relaxed." Lola smirks at me. "All the orgasms keeping you calm?"

"Actually yeah." Lola laughs and I shake my head. "Don't knock it until you try it. I have had no concerns over finals."

"You are the smartest person I know. Of course you have no concerns." Lola rolls her eyes. "Some of us are actually screwed."

"Don't worry, Lola. I can help you study whenever you need." I reach over and give Lola a side hug. "We got this."

"Thanks. Tests have never been my strong suit." Lola gives me a thankful smile.

"Don't worry about it. You might not be the best at taking tests, but you are the best at presentations. I suck at giving presentations." I look down at my textbook and sigh. "It's Friday night and I am tired of studying. What should we do tonight?"

"We should have a movie marathon or binge watch a TV show." Lola looks down at her notes and her smile drops. "I should probably study a little longer."

"What if we watch the show You? We can dissect the main character and all of his issues!" I ignore how excited I am at this idea.

"That could actually work." Lola smiles big. "We can use all of our fancy psychology vocabulary to describe him."

Lola is just as excited and I laugh. Are all psychiatrists like this?

"We can make popcorn and maybe talk the guys into ordering pizza." The pizza thing might be a long shot, but I ignore that for the moment. My main focus is to get Lola relaxed. "Where are the guys? We need to run this plan past them."

"I don't know. I haven't seen Harry or Niall since this morning." Lola looks around the kitchen even though we have been alone for the past two hours. "Liam and Zayn disappeared when we got back from class."