Chapter 23: Scratches

Quick Note:

Hey pips 'sup? :) Sorry if I hadn't updated for a while. I'm having time trouble and yeah... It's always my problem.. -_-
Anyways, this chapter is dedicated to @Kath1567! ^_^ [Well I tried everything to fully dedicate this to her but I'm only working on phones.. +_+ so yeah... X(]
She's a very good reader and friend of mine.. :)
Love you Kath! Here's one for yah! ;)

         Jeff intrigues my thinking more especially now that I found out even Dylan knows him. My curiosity flares around me severely as thousands of thoughts about him whirl in my head. He seems very dangerous and threatening based on what Dylan told me. And I also feel that because his name's impact to me somewhat means trouble and it seems like his presence is nothing but sure hell.

I tried many times to take him out of my head. But the more I force myself to forget him is the more I can't stop thinking about him.

I sighed and buried my face on my palms in frustration. His thoughts just make me feel more depressed but I couldn't help myself from thinking of him. The damn curiosity of my brain itches my every nerves as his name marks in my memory like a scratch.

It's already late and maybe Dylan is already asleep. So then I decided to go to sleep to rest my mind as well as my body. I slowly lift my legs up and slide them under the covers. Then I lay down and pull the cover up and finally close my eyes to drift off to sleep.

It's only a few seconds passed and I'm still hearing my faint breathing when my eyes shot open again. A scratch from the window noised suddenly in the room breaking the silence that filled the air. Slowly and carefully, I turned my head to look behind me and check what made the sound. But then I shrugged it off when I found nothing and go back to my sleep again.

I curled up my body to achieve a better position in my sleep. Then I let out a soft sigh as I clear my mind and drifted off to sleep again.

          It's been a half of an hour passed but my soul is still wide awake. I tried and forced myself to sleep many times but I can't kill off my thoughts and my body can't feel comfortable on my place. My mind tells me to go to sleep now but the shits just don't leave me alone. So now here I am staring at the ceiling with my whole self still wide awake in the middle of the night.

I sighed frustratedly as I roll to the side once again, still finding a place on the bed where I can feel sleepy. I lock my gaze on the wall in front of me as I empty my head and steady my breathing. Suddenly, a scratching noise was heard from the window and my body automatically turned to see it. I stared at the window for a while, then froze on my place when a scratch was heard from it again. I propped up on my elbow as I frown on the window. Then my eyes widened when the scratches noised again and it seems intends to get my attention.

I reached my hand out and flicked the lampshade on the side table on. Then I sat up on the bed and look closely on the closed window in front of me. There was a silence in the room as my eyes study the window. But I let out a surprised gasp when I heard a piercing sound of metals creaking from the window that I'm staring at.

I quickly laid down on the bed and covered the sheets up to my head. Then I rolled to the side and use all my senses to feel for a presence that I'm expecting to appear behind me. My breathing is shaky and my hands are trembling while I'm rolling my eyes around nervously. I curled up in a ball to ease my pressure and lessen the trembling of my body. Then just as I'm thinking, I suddenly feel a presence behind me getting closer to my place.

I shut my eyes tightly and hold my body closer as the said presence slowly approached me. Then a pressure was applied on the mattress beside me and I felt something towered above me. I bite my lips and shut my eyes tighter as I slowly feel a hot air fanning on my ear. Then I felt something touched my arm through the fabric of the sheets.

My heart beats fast and cold sweats trickle down my temple as the presence makes me feel uncomfortable and frightened. I want to move and see what it is. But my fear shoots up to my every nerves that I couldn't even think clearly of the right thing to do.

My mind started to think different thoughts and keeps guessing of what would happen. But then a little thought came up suddenly and gave me a hint of hope.

'Dylan...' I thought.

My eyes widened and a small smile slowly crept up my lips when he came up to my mind. But I quickly took it back when I realize there's still nothing I can do to call his attention.

The thing seems watching me from above and I think it feels that I'm still awake. Because I suddenly feel the sheets slowly slide down from my head to reveal my face. I buried my face in my hands and curled up a little more as the sheets continue to be pulled down from my head. Then a hot breath hits the exposed part of my face when the sheets get completely pulled down. My body trembles and my breath hitched up when I feel the creature leaned down to me. I then decided to look at it this time but before I could completely turn my head, I felt a stinging sensation at the back of my neck and my consciousness slowly faded. Making me fall into the darkness and to the sleep that I've been longing for the whole night.

Quick Note:

Sorry for the long wait!! Sorry for the long chapter..., =_=
But hope you like it!! ^_^
Btw, I changed the Author's note to quick note!! XD haha!! Only personal trip!!! XP