Chapter 26: Special Night

Quick Note:

Hey there pips! ^_^
So here's my new chapter and I hope you like it. :))
Sorry if the past few chapters kinda sucks! X( I knew it don't worry.. :(( but I'm gonna keep my best to have the best results! :) So please enjoy!! ^0^
Vote and Comment if you have time!! :>
~~LolLol XD

          The door swung open and he came in my sight as soon as he stepped inside the house. He quickly noticed me standing by the staircase as he walked in the room and placed his suitcase on the couch.

"Hey!" He greeted and shot me a smile before he took off his suit.

I just smiled and watch him do his things with a surprise look on my face. Then I follow my gaze on him as he walked up to me and headed upstairs.

"Uhm... So, you're early today..." I said a bit wondering as I follow him upstairs.

"Oh, yeah right. Sorry... I forgot to mention that my shift every Wednesday is 9 to 5 only. I don't get overtime on that day." He said and we reached the top of the stairs.

"Oh, so then, your shifts change?" I said more on a question.

"Yeah. And every Saturday is my day off. Then the rest of the week is the same. That's my life routine." He chuckled and went inside his room.

I laughed at him before I went into my room. Then I start to gather all the things I need as soon as I got in to start cleaning up and changing the gauze of my wound. After getting all the cleaning materials, I sat on the bed and take off the wrapped gauze carefully. Some debris of the fabric stick onto the wound as I carefully peel it off my thigh. Then a small smile crept in the corner of my lips when I have seen my wound clearly and the gauze is off completely. It's only the middle part of it that is still fresh and the side parts are already drying off. Also it's not that painful and stinging when it makes contact with my hands unlike the past days when I cleaned it. The wound itself is starting to heal and the skin also starts to build up new cells. It's a good thing for me to see that my burn is healing and getting better faster than what I thought it would take to.

I slowly pour the solution onto the cotton ball and then gently rub it on my burn. A little pain still strikes as the solution drops on my wound and the cotton cleans the residue of the gauze on it. But I'm glad to know that it doesn't hurt now as much as it did before. I clean and take off all the debris of the fabric and some peeling skin bits from the dried part of the wound. Then I quickly dried it off and put some ointment before I get a new roll of the gauze and started wrapping it around my thigh.

I was already done when Dylan opened the door and checked me inside the room. He walked inside and sat beside me with a smile on his lips then his eyes went down on my wound.

"Is it good now?" He asked and turned his eyes up to me.

"Yes. It's healing faster than what I thought. It doesn't hurt that much now and it already starts to dry up..." I explained nodding to him.

"Well, that's good to know." He smiled widely and then stood up. "Just stay here to rest if you want. I'll just call you up later for dinner." He then said as he walked up to the door and went out of the room.

I just nod to him then go back on getting all the things I used. Then I stood up and walked to the cabinet and keep all the things in their places. I decided to do what Dylan has told me so I walked back to the bed to lay down on it. But I stop when my eyes caught the window and the darkening sky outside.

I walk up to it and gaze out on the grey clouds that's forming in the sky. I shake my head and sigh as I think that a storm may come tonight. Because if that so, it will mean that I'm going to have a disturbed and bad sleep when that happen.

I turn around and walk back to the bed so I could go now to take a rest. But I stopped in the process and quickly look back out the window when I caught a glimpse of some stranger wearing a white clothes standing across the street. I squinted my eyes to look closer and see what it is. But the thing is already gone from its place and nowhere to be found as I gaze around.

"Hallucinations again..." I mumbled to myself and then turn around to the bed.

I plopped down on the mattress when I reached the bed. Then I closed my eyes and sighed deciding to have a short nap before Dylan calls me for dinner.

          It's only a matter of minutes when opened my eyes again and saw Dylan tapping me on the forehead.

"Wake up sleepyhead. Dinner is ready." He smiled down at me.

I groggily sit up on the bed with my head slightly heavy. Then I turn my head to the window when a light suddenly stroke from it followed by a loud crash from the sky.

"Is it raining?" I asked Dylan still half asleep.

"Yes." He nodded. "There's a storm tonight. And I think it won't be gone til tomorrow." He then said as he stood up and walked to the door.

"As what I thought..." I sighed and followed him out of the room and we go downstairs.

The craving smell of spaghetti and meatballs quickly hit my nose when I reached down the bottom. Then it makes me crave more when I already stepped inside the kitchen and the table gets on my sight. It is very organize and the food is well served and placed on the plates. Everything is so great for a perfect house dinner that will surely remarks in my mind forever.

"Wow! This is so great." I said in full amusement.

Dylan chuckled as he pulled out a chair and gestured me to sit on it. Then I slowly approach him and take the seat that he offers to me before he walked around and take the other one.

"It's good you like it. I really did my best to make it great." He said and pour the champagne in the glasses.

"Are you crazy? I love it! It's so perfect!" I chuckled as he gave me the glass and offered a toast.

I take the glass from him with a big smile on my lips and gently tap it on his glass. We then both take a sip of the drink and start eating our dinner.

"Seriously, what's the occasion tonight? What are all of these whole things?" I asked in the middle of our eating.

He finished the food in his mouth and wiped it clean first before he responded to my question.

"Nothing. I just thought of making a good dinner for you, that's it. Why, is there a problem?" He asked furrowing his eyebrows a bit.

"Ah no! No.. Not that. Actually it's perfect! Everything is so perfect... That's why I got a little curious..." I quickly explained smiling and he chuckled in response.

"Well you should get used of me being like this. I barely have guests here in my house so whenever I have one, I do everything to give a good impression to them. Especially in making dinners." He explained and take another serving of his food.

"Well, you made it. You do have given me a good... No, great impression tonight!" I complimented him and he smiled wide.

"Well then, it's a pleasure to impress you greatly! It's truly an honor for me!" He said back and we both laugh to his statement.

I watch him refill our glasses then raise it up in the air again. We both make a toast once more and then continue enjoying our dinner with little talks and laughs that really make up our first whole special night together.

Quick Note:
Finished! XD I love this chapter.. :3 it's kinda sweet.. ^_^
Hope you love it too!! :)
And wait for the next chap! :>
Bye!! :×
~~Lovelots