A Special Delivery

Hey guys, Jess here!

Since I've been busy recently, this chapter is on the shorter side (22.8 pages/ 7,451 words). That being said, still please take breaks as needed!

If you have any questions or comments about this chapter, let me know; I'd like to hear from you!

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy this chapter!

At coalition headquarters on Olkarion, your team was stationed in the castle's control room, receiving yet another briefing from Lotor on a recent Galra movement.

"I'm telling you, Branko's wanton attack was only the beginning" Lotor insisted. "Without an emperor, more and more high-ranking officials will start lashing out and consolidating their power at the Kral Zera."

"Uh, just gonna jump in here" Hunk piped up, folding his hands together as he addressed the Galran prince. "What exactly is the Kral Zera? Is there food there? It sounds awful fancy."

"It's the coronation ceremony for a new emperor or empress. "It is held on one of the first planets we-" he paused for a second, his tone sinking with the next phrase. "The Galra, conquered: planet Feyiv, a sacred land."

"Okay, so who all will be at this Kral Zera?" Shiro asked, as emotionless as ever.

"Allow me to show you." He stopped for a moment, his voice softening a tad as he turned back towards Allura for approval. "May I, princess?"

"Go ahead" she allowed, giving him access to the castles systems without a second of doubt. He pressed a few buttons, the software chiming as two windows appeared, both displaying a rugged Galran commander from different angles. With red armor, a prosthetic lens for an eye, and large lavender ears, he didn't look all that different from Sendak.

"Warlord Ranveig is one of the fiercest Galra in the empire; that's why my father sent him to the fringes of the universe" Lotor explained. That must be why you hadn't seen him before. And despite being so remote, he had apparently gathered quite an army of supporters. "He will already have several factions pledging their allegiance."

"Warlord, huh?" Lance commented, crossing his arms at the figure ahead. "I'm guessing you don't get that title by being nice."

"He likely wouldn't feel a strong sense of loyalty to the previous emperor then" Pidge reasoned, analyzing his character from a different angle.

"Correct, he and Zarkon weren't always on the best of terms as my father saw him as a threat to his power" Lotor answered her shortly. "They banded together out of pure political necessity." The screens then flickered to a side angle of another armor-clad purple alien, her features somewhat softer due to her feminine form. "Commander Gnov was one of Zarkon's most trusted advisors. She will be unifying his inner circle of commanders."

"And I bet they'd all be vying for a chance to avenge their beloved emperor" Allura seethed, mimicking Lance's posture as she glared up at the commander. You sighed internally, knowing where she was going with that remark.

"Perhaps" Lotor vaguely responded, stealing a quick glance at you as he steered the conversation back on track. "Her allegiance to Zarkon runs just as deep as the rest of his inner ring is to her. They know what they'll get with Commander Gnov. She's not as reckless as Warlord Ranveig, but she's just as cruel."

The screens then transitioned to a peculiar fellow, his completely prosthetic upper face and smaller figure not what you suspected from one of the most powerful Galra overlords.