Playing Dirty

Hey guys, Jess here!

This chapter is a bit shorter than the last one (28.3 pages/ 9,725 words)but please take breaks as needed.

If you have any questions or comments about this chapter, let me know, I'd like to hear from you!

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Coran immediately collapsed the cubes and put them away, which was a smart thing to do in the situation you were currently in. Zarkon had just found you, and he had his entire central control ship as well as probably thousands of fighter jets.

Your heart was racing and your breathing was unsteady, you were so nervous that you were starting to shake and quiver. However, you knew you couldn't let your emotions get the best of you this time, so you started to take deep breaths to calm yourself down.

"Zarkon!" Allura gasped in horror. When you glanced at her, you saw that her pupils were constricted in fear and she had droplets of sweat forming on her face.

"How did he find us?" you asked, struggling to sound calm.

"His commanders must have radioed him from Olkarion" Keith replied plainly, causing you to turn to face him. Even Keith's eyes were wide as he stared at the screen in front of you.

"We need to wormhole now!" Shiro commanded. "Everyone to your stations!" In response, you scurried to your seat next to Shiro's and sat down. The rest of the team ran to their sears as well. "We've got to put some distance between us and Zarkon. This could be the fight of our lives!"

You groaned as the castle shook and got shot at by at least one hundred fighters. Small plumes of fire and smoke were visible on the screens around you. When you saw how much damage the fighters were doing to the castle your breathing became ragged once more. You needed to get out of here as fast as you could.

"That's sure a lot of fighters" Hunk remarked nervously.

"Allura, can you evade these fighters?" Shiro asked. "We can't have them following us through the wormhole."

"I can try" she responded, trying to sound confident. She then put the particle barrier up and increased the castle's speed. Then you saw a new option appear on your holographic screen. It looked like a disk of some sort with silver details and a glowing blue circle on the side.

A window that was next to it explained that it was a defense drone that flew outside of the castle and could shoot incoming ships. You pressed some buttons, and your drone appeared outside. Then two holographic controls for steering materialized before you. They also had buttons on the sides for shooting and aiming. You could see your drone and it's close surroundings from a display on a holographic screen in front of you.

"Does anyone else have a defense drone?" you asked as you began to shoot at the fighters approaching the castle.

"I have one" Lance replied, his voice a bit excited as he activated his drone. His drone appeared to the left of yours and was quite a distance away, so you reasoned that each drone had a zone to protect.

"Same here" Keith added on in his usual stoic voice as his drone appeared to the right of yours.

"(Y/n), Keith, Lance, lay down some some covering fire!" Shiro ordered. You began shooting in a random zig-zag line, which destroyed several of the fighters approaching the castle. The sky around you was dotted with plumes of fire and smoke as you, Keith, and Lance continued to shoot the fighters with your drones.