Different Type Terms (Part 3)

"Why didn't you tell him that you miscarried Tarryn?" Ephraim asked her. Her heart completely sank to her toes. In truth, she really didn't have a valid reason but only accept that she was upset.

Before Ephraim, she dated Reese Richmond. She was completely in love with him. She worked and lived in DC while he traveled to DC for his architectural company and while he was on business, he met Tarryn at the mall. Casually bumping into one another and having good conversation, they exchanged numbers and they became friends and eventually became lovers. He would come down to DC often to see her and she would make that drive to go see him in Philly. They stayed overnight in his condo or her apartment. Things were good until they weren't.

Reese became withdrawn after a while. It wasn't that he didn't love her anymore but it was more so the distance. He missed her more and more each day while she was out in the streets of Washington, DC, trying to make a name for herself in criminal law. But he was a man who had needs.

Tarryn knew that the distance was getting to him so she made it her duty to come and see him but she fell sick. She took pregnancy tests and found out that she was pregnant. She made a doctors appointment and found out that she was 6 weeks at the time. She immediately told Reese and he wasn't happy right away but he was warming up to it. She kept taking trips back to the hospital due to her having real bad cramps and having high blood pressure but she didn't worry herself.

Once she was feeling better, she made the decision to surprise him down in Philly. It was the weekend and she had a weekender bag packed and she was ready to see her man. Once she touched down in Philly and drove to his house her stomach became full of butterflies. With her bag and ultrasound photos in hand, she knocked on Reese's door. She expected Reese to open his own door but instead, another beautiful Black woman did, in Reese's Drexel University T-shirt and his boxers.

Both women were shocked. Tarryn immediately brushed past the woman and found Reese and cursed his ass out and destroyed all of his shit in his house. While Reese was trying to catch Tarryn and stop her, the other woman simply got dressed and left his house. Tarryn was devastated. Reese had cheated on her. They've been together for nine months through distance but he still cheated on her.

Once she destroyed his property, her blood pressure was high, her cramps were persistent and she had a headache. But for sure, Tarryn wanted to get out of his house before she really destroy his shit. She wasn't worried about the police because she could care less but because she didn't want to be in Reese's presence no longer.

She left in his house while he shouted her name trying to explain and it all fell on deaf ears. She got back in her car and drove back to D.C. with a hurting stomach and broken heart. She was depressed to severity and she couldn't even get herself together to even take car of herself. A few weeks later to high blood pressure and depression, she lost the baby. She didn't exactly miscarry, but she went into preterm labor and delivered a dead baby. That was by far the hardest thing she ever had to do.

She didn't tell Reese because she couldn't bring herself to tell him. Truthfully, she was still grieving from both the breakup and her deceased daughter. She wasn't even thinking about Reese in the matter. Eventually, he wasn't even on her brainwave.

"Because I was healing and it sorta slipped my mind." She gave Ephraim her best answer. Though it might not sound believable, but it was the truth. She would never not withhold information that serious intentionally.

Ephraim scrunched his face up. "It slipped your mind that you had a miscarriage and forgot to tell your baby father?" He tilted his head to the side and pressed the issue further with the usage of his hand.