The Difference Between a Bed and a Bullet

It's been two weeks since the cookout and game night and Virtue swarmed through Exodus's mind constantly. For a week they have been texting but it was all short; meaning that they have gotten nowhere.

Between Virtue and Exodus, things have been pretty okay up until now. Exodus had to return to work back in Philadelphia since his administrative leave was up and Virtue hadn't gotten a goodnight's sleep because she feel's that something is wrong. Her discernment made her aware of her inner voice so she knows that something is off.

Every time she closes her eyes, she sees Tareek but it isn't a good sight. When she attempts to sleep, all she sees is his face and that alone made her concerned. It doesn't make matters better because she hasn't seen Milan anywhere. She checked all of the normal spots of where he may be but he just can't seem to be found and alone annoyed Virtue.

To make matters even more worse, Shelly, Magnus and Barnard haven't seen neither Milan or Tareek and that makes her anxiety kick up.

She wanted to talk to someone and tell them how she's feeling but she can't because Tarryn is working on the case, Ephraim is out making laws, Mama Carryn is out with her new boyfriend and Exodus...well she hasn't talked to Exodus but she wants to. For some reason, she feels calm with him.

She whips out her phone and unlocked it. She looked through her contacts and landed on his name. She wonders if she wanted to call him or text him. Virtue wanted to hear his voice but doesn't want to talk his ear off and but she wanted to text because maybe she just doesn't like texting when its a serious conversation.

She looked at her watch and seen that it wasn't too late. She also knew that there was no time difference between Philly and D.C so she was in the clear with that. Her thumb hovers over the phone icon and she took deep breaths and coached herself. Once she coached herself enough, she finally pressed the phone icon. This was going to be her first time FaceTiming him and she was nervous. 

Her heart rate immediately speeds up when she heard the first ring. Then she heard the second and then he finally picks up on the third ring.

"Virtue," He acknowledged with a soft voice. His tone didn't carry surprise or confusion but it was firm and relaxed. She loved hearing her name coming from him. "You called."

"I did." She replies as she make herself comfortable on her Queen sized bed. She slipped under the covers and made herself comfortable.

"To what do I owe this phone call?" He asks and Virtue instantly starts sniffing. She didn't want to cry over the phone but she just couldn't help it. On the other end Exodus grew concerned and wondered what happened while he is away.

"Something is wrong, Exodus. I feel it in my spirit. Every time I close my eyes I see him." She admits and Exodus raises a brow. He didn't think that she was talking about her ex-boyfriend but he simply thinking that she's referring to someone she cares about.

"Who?"

"Tareek." She wipes an escaped tear and it seemed as if more fell. Judging by her silence and constant sniffing, he knew that this was a serious matter.

He grew even more concerned because during their brief conversation at the cookout, she mentioned Tareek. Virtue told him that he was a good kid, rough around the edges but just a kid who got swallowed up by the streets. The only reason how she knows that he was okay because he seen him after work everyday. Once she sets her eyes on him, she knows she can ease her mind.