Soul Tie.

3 MONTHS LATER:

"And what do you suggest we do? Let all of our kids fail?" Virtue expressed to the principal, Dr. ShyAnne Boone.

Dr. ShyAnne Boone was beautiful brown skin woman who was strict at her occupation but also caring when she wants to be. She was the fourth principal this school year and Virtue even wondered if she was even going to last. Obviously the last three didn't. Though H.D Woodson's academic performance was good, their behavior was horrible.

Virtue sat in the rectangular office wondering if the people surrounding her are ever going to care.

"Maybe change our teaching style." She shrugged her shoulders.

"Or we could just stand behind the No Child Left Behind Act. Or we could just teach with passion, educate with dedication and conviction but obviously no one is ready for that conversation." Virtue shrugged in annoyance, already knowing the outcome the untested conversation.

Prinicipal Boone sighed, "Look Ms. Stratton. I know you care for the kids but it's also about time the kids care for themselves at this point. It's up to them to want it, not force them to. It's their education." She pointed the finger at Virtue which she was unappreciative of.

"Agreed. But you have some students that needs an extra push." Silence fell between the two until Dr. Boone's face fell into a frown.

"Why do you care so much?" Her frown deepened as she eyed Virtue across from her.

"Because you don't!" Virtue snapped. She was frustrated because she was tired of being the only one that care.

"Excuse me?" Dr. Boone felt offended by her statement. "I do what I do because I care for the students!" She placed her hands on her desk in a trying motion and Virtue quickly picked up the motion. Virtue placed her hands in her lap and eyed the woman before her.

"With all due respect Dr. Boone, as an educator it is our duty to make sure that everyone understands the material that's been taught and given. As an educator, it's up to us to make sure that we show interest in the students as they show interest in us," Virtue starts off.

"If a student decides to dropout that's solely on the student." Dr. Boone states with attitude.

Virtue scoffed. "It falls back on us because just maybe we need to push the kids a little harder."

"It falls back on them because they should've cared more. It falls back on them because it's their choice." She sternly states and Virtue rolled her eyes and stood up.

"We just have to agree to disagree. Have a good afternoon Dr. Boone." And with that she left her office and headed back to her classroom.

She prepped for her next class and waited till they arrived. Being that this is her last class for the day she was glad.

Time winded up and quickly her students came in.

"Hey Ms. Stratton!" One of her students, Eva said. Eva was one of her star students in the class and often raised her hand when Virtue raises a question.

She waved with a smile and waited on the other students.

"What's up Ms. Stratton!" Another student, Charles greeted. He went over to her desk and dapped her up and gave her a hug as well. Charles was one of her favorites. A class clown but a smart and respectful one.