👑1| The Chase

[Yuwol 1880]

[Joseon Dynasty]

🌸🌸

Bright sky illuminates in the town and awakens everyone. Echoes of people speaking, calling out to people and whispering dominates the eerie town. The trees rustle and expose a number of birds flapping their wings in the air. I laugh heartily and gaze over the area.

My life isn't that perfect. In fact it never was. Living with a woman who never appreciated my efforts nor tried to love me was pretty hectic.

One thing that keeps bugging me and still keeps me wondering is how I ended up this way, with them, why, who were my parents, what happened to them, did they abandon me, or others. I guess these questions might never be answered.

The only one who could died right in front of me, with his neck bleeding profusely and the insults raining me from her. My story is such like this, but there's nothing I can do. My story will continue here, in a small old building made of bricks and mortar, with straw roofing shielding the inside from harsh weather conditions.

There are two doors , one in front of a long fence covering the whole house and the other door behind a chicken coop.

Behind the house are numerous chicken coops and bundles of logs lying by the fence. The ground is dominated my green grass which emanates mossy and dry smell rummaging through my slender nose.

Crows of the hens hovers around the house, creating a noisy environment which was nothing compared to the town square. I'd promise that it was much worse.

I throw my eyes over my hanbok tightly with both hands and rush to the back of the house chasing after her.

Everyone says I have a long beautiful face, cute pink lips, long black hair and soft skin resembling someone from the imperial family. That is pretty weird to me, especially being raised in a poor household.

After all, acquiring money to assist the household was extremely difficult, much less to purchase cream to maintain my skin.

A young woman in her white and pink hanbok hangs a jade necklace in the air, allowing it to move back and forth with a smirk on her face.

"What about this?!" she asks and splinters her slender legs like a hyena over the grass. I hit my head slightly with my two middle fingers, shaking my head.

"C-o-m-e and get it!" she adds a pathetic face with sarcasm as she stomps her feet in the grass amidst laughing. Noticing the movements of my feet, she takes a few steps back and resumes running with her hands flying playfully in the air.

My hair dangles at my back as the cool soft grass massages my feet while running. "Soo Bin...stop it now!" I cry, calling after her.

She simpers and gazes at me before turning back to resume running. I stop for a moment and rest my hands on my knees, panting tirelessly. She pauses and waits for my next move after she realizes that I had stopped chasing after her.

Dizziness clouds my eyes and lands me in dire darkness. I close my eyes and my body falls on the floor when I can not feel the perseverance to stand any longer.

"Seong Ri!" Soo Bin cries before dashing to me. She shakes my hands and checks my pulse rate. When she lowers my necklace over the grass, my eyes fumble to remain completely shut from before.

Hesitantly, I squeeze them to keep shut while patiently waiting for her attention to loosen up. She looks around for help for help when she feels no response.

After a few seconds of waiting, I laugh inside and open my eyes suddenly. While she looked away in search of help, I pull my jade necklace from her hands. To her utter surprise, I had fooled her perfectly.