👑64| Struck

🌸🌸

  Rustling wind blows across the dusty trees and shakes them vigorously against each other.

 The skies calm into a short storm and call darkness below its clouds. The black crimson hair belonging to the young man flows together with the tune of the wind separating it from his neck line.

"You know something? I don't get you at all Min Kyu."

In silence, he turns to Min Kyu from the corner of his eyes and chuckles. His finger crosses over his mouth while Min Kyu begins taking a few steps behind.

 His body refuses to balance due to the shock which makes his hands drop beside him.

 "You wanted to kill Ji Min all this time for taking your parents. But you haven't even touched his hair all these years!"

  A sound of sword clash echoes through the atmosphere after he ends his words. Min Kyu pulls out a sword and points it at him with hate written all over his face.

  His eyes scream red as his arms draw clear veins across each line.

His unstable aim at Gu Mo while he walks up to him makes him chortle a bit for some seconds. He rests his chortle with a large smile.

  "You want to kill me too? With that toy?"

  His legs tremble anxiously when Gu Mo takes one step at a time towards him. Min Kyu raises his sword immediately and attempts to strike him again but he disappears and appears behind him after a split second.

  Staring in shock as the cut he makes on his arm disappear slowly, his legs move back in a stumble.

 "One last chance kid! Meet me here tomorrow the same time with Ji Min. I don't know how you'll get him here but do it. Otherwise I will continue at the palace with a bloodbath."

  After a long sigh, he crumples his palm and marches to him with a smile.

"I'll be waiting."

With two taps on his shoulders, he turns around hardly on time to find Gu Mo disappearing into the atmosphere again.

 His eyes only figure three guards rushing to him as his eyes threaten to close. His body drops down after a few seconds and thumps on the floor while his guards scream running to him.

A loud scream draws the attention of the palace maids walking along the bridge. It travels all over the palace walls and alerts the rest of the people around them all the way from the hallway and other royal chambers too.

  My ears twitch at the horrifying scream as Min Kyung turns to me with a look of horror.

  "What's that?! Let's check it out!"

I nod silently after her and rush towards the direction of the scream while the others scurry behind me.

 Our legs stop simultaneously by the time we get to the edge of the bridge.

  By the blue river shore, three dead palace maids occupy the edges bloodless.

Their bodies lay motionless by the shore as their eyes stare into the sky.

  "What? How did they die here!"

One of them screams in shock and rushes to hide behind her friends. Min Kyung walks slowly towards the dead bodies and turns to us with a stuttering appearance.

 "They also have bite marks on their necks."

 A few court ladies stand by watching the palace maids from behind. Their eyes gaze over the dead bodies until one of them shortly turns to a young lady standing in front of them and looking at the horrifying scene.