👑71| Coercion

🌸🌸

The sound of a sword clapping the surface of the grass runs wild amidst the silence in the forest. His fingers loosen while his eyes searches for answers in his companion's.

"I know it seems I'm like Ji Min, but it's not true...I need your help to take him down!"

Min Kyu raises his head slowly and carefully watches his sword finally grasp the grass.

"You're his son! Why should I believe you when you assisted him in taking the lives of royals... including my family?"

His mind suddenly feels heavy with curiosity as his words sink deeper.

"My family..."

Realizing the shocked expression on Woo Hyun's face, he reaches out for his sword and throws it at him, but Woo Hyun throws it back at him slashing a little part of his arm.

Woo Hyun's attention seeks his arm, while Min Kyu watches in horror as his wound heals slowly.

"Y-You are-"

His words are suddenly opposed and completed by Min Kyu.

"-Crown Prince Park Min Kyu. Where is the Crown Princess?"

His face falls flat with the question before him... something he wished he knows at that moment.

"I don't know. That day when Ji Min attacked the palace, he handed her over to me. But I dressed her up as a boy and helped her to escape---but she was bitten by the vampirish Queen. I didn't know if she survived. Until-"

"-The Heist in the Kingdom. She's definitely the author! But I wonder why she published it...we have to find her before Ji Min does!"

Woo Hyun drags down his sword into the sheath and nods with a light smile.

"But...I still don't trust you! You're still a vampire-"

"-And so are you"!

His eyes raise alerting his senses as Woo Hyun's words hits his thoughts.

"I only accepted the position to protect the people...I know you still don't trust me, but this is about the people's safety."

"Come with me."

Min Kyu stashes his sword immediately into the sheath and begins walking out of the forest.

Woo Hyun drags his feet over the grass and follows Min Kyu closely as he marches towards his house. The atmosphere is tense and serene although it is far from the palace.

A few guards are patrolling over the fences guarding the house. His men stand attentively and rush over to him to show their respects. Hye Ra steps out of the house when she hears the ruckus, but her eyes withers when she sees who stands beside him.

His guards turn silent too looking closely at Woo Hyun.

"Aunt." She moves her eyes quietly to Woo Hyun and purses her lips as she realizes who it is.

"You brought him here! He's-"

"-He's helping me find the Crown Princess and protect the people. We fought off the vampires in the outskirts, but I don't know how long we can keep up."

Hye Ra's expression isn't too convinced, but she sees the confidence in his tone and decides to emphasize on that later.

"There's one thing I didn't mention due to the situation."

Min Kyu's eyebrows furrow at the statement he has blurts out. Noticing the puzzled look on their faces, he sighs.

"Your father is still alive and kept in the dungeon by Ji Min."