👑54| Shoot off

🌸🌸

Silence evacuates the yelling which spices up the dark chamber. The lights begin to flicker on their own  threatening to darken the eerie atmosphere.

  Ah Rin runs to Soo Hyang and clings to her robe. With a low tone, she mutters to her.

"I want to stay with Ji Min. He's quite lonely here. He'll be sad if I leave him."

Without much thought, she rushes back to Ji Min and hugs his leg playfully as her lips let out short giggles.

"What do you want from her?" Ji Min lowers his head with a face of defeat. Watching him closely, Soo Hyang glares in shock as he shrugs in return.

"Don't worry. I won't hurt her, nor you. Okay?"

He stares into her eyes and places his hand on her shoulder, but this time he holds her gently. She lifts her head slowly and gazes at him in a confused manner. She lifts her hand to jerk his hand off before she takes a few steps back.

"You're impossible! Are you planning something?"

A short chuckle escapes his lips when he turns quickly to the little girl standing with a large smile on her face.

 "Won't you play with us too aunt?" Seeing the happy expression on her face after staying there for a day without any bruises, she can't withstand the questions in her head.

Contemplating on the situation, she turns around breathing heavily.

She marches towards the exit while Ah Rin and Ji Min watch her walk out silently. She stops by the door when a thought rushes through her head.

Why did he look at me so concerned? He never did that, or am I wrong? And why hasn't he hurt her yet? What is he planning!

Guards cross their swords at the mere sight of a stranger. They turn to each other with a stern expressions drawn on their faces.

"You can not enter without authorization Mister!"

Min Kyu raises his silent eyes at them as he clenches his fist by his side.

"Where's she?! Open the gate now!" Court ladies walk gracefully with a young woman by the hallway leading to the main gate. She clings to her long robe while her hair is held up in shape by a royal hairpin.

"Let him in!"

Min Kyu turns towards the direction of the lady's voice as the guards heeded to her demand. Bowing to her, they slide the doors to the opposite sides, paving way for him to enter freely.

Sun Hee heaves a sigh while glancing at the young man before her with her head looking up.

"So you're the famous son of that cheater?"

Ignoring her comment, he walks over her into the palace. He stomps his feet around the palace looking desperately for Hye Ra.

Her eyebrows twitch at the daring attitude of the stranger in front of her who ignores her position in the palace.

"Ungrateful even after I let you in?"

She sighs again when he doesn't respond and keeps looking around for Hye Ra.

"Follow me...I'll take you to her."

He walks quietly towards her and gapes at her in silence. "You don't believe me, but what if I showed you this?"

She pulls out a necklace from her robe and shoves it in the air with a triumph smile.

Min Kyu quickly grabs the necklace and glances at it with trembling hands. Without another response, Sun Hee turns around and walks away. Her court ladies follow up leaving Min Kyu in thoughts as to believe her or not.