👑67| Bounced

🌸🌸

A basket balances its body on the side of a young woman. Her robe brushes over the floor and sweeps her feet as she takes each step along the town square.

She reaches for the bottom to fix the loosened innermost layer as she wriggles over the hems. She sighs when she finds the intensity of the journey ahead of her.

"Aigoo." Her eyes study the crowdy atmosphere she unwillingly put herself in. A sudden chill rekindles in her when she sees people gathering around the main town square.

Whispering and pointing at the wall, her eyes locate a noticeboard  at the centre holding several information  addressed to the whole town by the palace.

In the middle, couple of three posters  in number are lined up horizontally. Covering three-fourths of the notice, the posters are embedded with the drawing of three men in each division with missing boldly written at the top.

The posters seem a bit old and cranky from their long exposure to the sunshine but it is still quite visible enough to describe their faces and spot them at first glance.

She walks slowly towards them and stares at the posters carefully looking at the faces of each. Each poster is painted black with 'missing' written attached to only the current three posters.

"I've seen that man before! Isn't he the famous hunter?"

A young woman protests while curling her lips in confusion holding a similar basket to that of Bo Mi's. Everyone's eyes turn to another old woman walking towards us.

Her shaky hands clutch to a portrait. She wipes her tears slowly and plasters the portrait down closer to the other missing people.

Gradually gaping at the portrait, she passes her hand over the face in it and cries helplessly.

Bo Mi stares at the old woman sadly while holding her basket carefully so as not to pour her collection of delicate herbs.

"Why are people getting missing? Is it the doing of the vampire?"

People begin to gasp loudly trembling in fear while looking at each other in swift turns.

She turns away when she sees Miss Shin Hye calling her from afar. Rushing quickly, she runs towards the forest leaping at each step to avoid tripping over the twigs.

She stops by one of the trees and scans each plant one at a time. She bends over one of them and plucks it from the root before dropping it into her basket.

She continues to gather a few from the same area and drops them one by one in the basket.

A loud yell echoes through her ears at a point but when she turns to walk towards the sound, she sees a lot of men carrying someone.

A strand of hair escapes her bun and circles over her face but her eyes still see who it is.

Her hands release the handle of the basket when she sees the half-dead Min Kyu being carried away. His hands are hanging below his body as his eyes stay shut.

Blood paints his blue hanbok red all the way from his chest to his lower abdomen. Drips of blood imbrue the street they take while carrying him to the house.

The basket thumps against the floor and splutters her collection on the floor.

"Hurry! Take the young master in!"

Seo Jin leads the way quickly and orders the men to his abode. Cries draw only from a house nearby.

Hye Ra steps down immediately and scurries towards them holding on to Min Kyu's hand.