👑26| Attraction

🌸🌸

"She's a burden on you! You should have left her on the streets years ago." The woman complains while packing up her odd items from her things into her bag. Yi San eyes start to fill with rage and disdain. She drops her bag of products behind her and storms off towards her house.

"You left your-", her companion screams but she doesn't turn back to claim them to her dismay. Shaking her head, she picks her bag of goods from the floor and adds Yi San's goods too.

After gathering everything, she flings them across the fruit stand before closing the store. With a deep sigh, she moves towards her house.

With the dark clouds threatening to loosen anytime, I feel the rain approaching soon from the thunder strikes.

It was obvious they would not let me in. But I didn't want to let my efforts to get here go to waste. No matter what I have to do, I must get in the palace. But as I look up, the clashing clouds seem kinda a warning of an approaching heavy downpour.

How would I go back without being drenched?

  My lips seal shut when I lift my head only to find the guards pointing their swords at me. Forcing a smile, I raise my hands and nod at them. Even though I lifted my hands, they didn't look like they bought by swift surrender.

  When I attempt to drop my left hand, one of the guards quickly slides his sword towards my neck. A silent gasp escapes my lips while I clear my throat from the shock.

  Pouting, I lift my hands and step back with my back facing them. They loosen their gaze when I show my back to them. But just as they lower their swords, I twirl swiftly on a toe and rush for the door.

  My feet immobilize as they quickly drop the sharp edge of their swords against my back. Cursing them under my breath, my lips purse and my hands move up at each push.

I rub my hands over my shoulders and roll my eyes blankly at the guards who make their way back to their posts. Although they stand a bit far from me, I can still feel their sharp gaze at me.

  Stupid guards! They've not had the last of me yet!

My hands still hurt from their rough stunt hands. Geez, don't they know how to treat a lady at all?

  My lucrative thoughts disrupt with the screeching sounds made by someone as he clears his throat when he realizes that I'm deep in thoughts.

I raise my head slowly while pursing my lips out of anger.

 For a moment, I wonder from his sharp impatient gaze at me. I mean doesn't he ever smile? I pass my head over my shoulder and push my leg behind the other with a stupid grin overpowering my face.

I don't know where I get the courage to speak my mind this time, but I do. My freedom is in his hands, but that doesn't stop me from commenting on something I see.

  "Before your rude guards come for me, I want to ask you something!  Have you ever smiled? I mean you're always with this look. It's boring!"

I rattle in a breath but I pause immediately when I realize that I might've crossed my limit.

He lowers his eyes lightly and returns  me a stare which makes anyone look stupid, especially given my state.

Moreover, he doesn't answer me and  instead raises his hand to call the guards over. My eyes widen at his impatience so soon. I step closer to him immediately shaking my head.

  "Y-You don't need to call them. I came here to tell you about the girl you ask-" I start smiling, but my smile fades to a look of shock as he grabs my hand and pulls me towards the hallway.