👑52| Trap

🌸🌸

  Her heavy threatening footsteps sever to a halt in seconds. Her heart beat races immensely reducing the impact of her quick run. She pauses by the edge of the woods and clutches to her pacing heart.

  Night cold wind brushes over her body. The sounds of rushed footsteps make her trembling eyes scan behind her. Within a few seconds, her eyes widen in shock when she see what is before her. Three men stand still  a few metres from her with bands across their thick black hair.

Their bushy eyebrows cover a major part of their strict face. Two of them turn slowly to the third party before tuning their attention to her.

Her feet begin to take a few steps back but her shoes get encased in a twig lying one feet from her. She falls back against the tree and this makes the assassins start laughing.

"W-who a-are you?! What do you want from me?"

She grasps on to the grass with her shaky hands which she locates gradually and brushes off the dirt on her robe.

"You want to know Eun Bo Mi?" One of them grimaces and resumes by twitching his eyebrows and crossing his arms simultaneously.

Her jaw almost drops when she hears her full name being pronounced with a cold tone by a stranger.

  How did he know her? How could he know her, not to mention her full name.

 Quickly looking sideways, she crawls behind the tree and tries to get up although her legs fail at each attempt.

"H-How do y-you know my name?"

A tear trickles down her cheeks as her eyes trace daggers accompanying their hideous aura. They are well armed and under masks to hide their faces.

Only their arms are exposed with three daggers in each of their palms. With a scoff, they start walking to her slowly.

Each step leaves her shuddering in fear. Their shoes crumple twigs under them and this sounds echo over the area silencing her sobs.

She twirls her direction all around from where she stands but  finds no one around.

  Thinking straight, she realizes she has to save herself now somehow. Before she can think twice, a dagger is directed at her piecing into the bark of one of the trees. A thick liquid drips from the bottom and drops gradually on the floor.

   "Want to run now?" He asks while sharpening another dagger vigorously against one in his hand. He pauses for a moment to see her expression but to his utter shock he hears the yells of his colleagues instead of her scream.

  "She's getting away!" She takes to her heels heading nowhere. The trees look all the same in her eyes with nothing to rekindle on the way back. Her feet begin to hurt with every passing minute.

  She raises her robe so she wouldn't trip on it during the run. They begin to chase after her and follow up a few meters from her. Bo Mi reaches for a break behind one of the trees to catch her breath.

"You go here! I'll take there."

  Clinging desperately to her chest, she hides her body behind the tree to avoid catching their deadly attention. Her eyes widen when she feels someone's hand trap her mouth. Rigid arms trap her body and render her silent no matter how much she tries to yell.

   Her legs hesitate to remain still and fumble resistant to accept defeat under the delicate grass. He twirls her body opposite to him and signals her to remain quiet with his eyes. As his eyes stare daringly into hers, she finally recognizes him. Her eyes lower with a sigh of relief as she mumbles his name under her breath.