👑38| Memories

🌸🌸

"He was following me!'  Hye Ra glares through the windows but she only sees the guards coming inside the house. There's no presence of an intruder, that she can be sure of. Her face falls into fury as she realizes he left alone.

"You went outside without them, isn't it?" Min Kyu stumbles back shaking his head, not at what she said but from his experience a few minutes ago.

Just the mere face of his pursuer makes the hair at the back of his hair stand straight. His breathing increases as he continues to think about that man, the man who ruined his life.

  The man who took away his beautiful childhood and made him the monster he is now.

 "Min Kyu!" She yells while shaking his shoulders to draw him out of his daze. His eyes waver through the room but his mind is still reluctant to forget those horrible memories.

 "I told you not to leave this house without the guards! What if he did something to-"

 "-I want to be alone!" Hye Ra lets go off his hand when she processes his harsh tone. Looking sadly at what has become of the little boy she raised all these years, she can't help but sob lightly.

"Min Kyu. You have to calm down. I'm here, and I won't let him hurt you again." She says.

He steps back still in a daze while shaking his head.

"T-that petrifying look on his face. It's the same. He'll not leave me alone even if I take guards along. What if he's here, he followed me?"

 He continues and turns around to look at the backyard pointing with his shaky hands. Hye Ra rushes to stop him from going out of the house. Grabbing his hand, she cups his face with tears running down her face.

 "He's not here and he can't hurt you anymore. I'll always be here to protect you." His eyes stare hapazardly in her eyes searching for more truth. But the flash of the man's face and laughter makes him step back and rush to his room.

Slamming the door in her face, he crumples himself at the left corner of his room and buried his teary face in his knees.

"Min Kyu! Please open the door! Min Kyu!" Her screams doesn't get to him as all he is thinking about is the face of the man—the man who took his sanity and freedom away.

 Her screams only alerts the guards outside. They bash into the room and stand by Hye Ra whose face dumps with sorrow and worry.

 "Min Kyu!" Seo Jin jumps in as he knocks on the door several times. Behind the door, his eyes spot Min Kyu who sits in silence shaking his head at some terrifying memories.

A little boy laughs after jumping a tall old wall with enthusiasm. He lands majestically on the floor as if he's been doing this for ages. "Be careful Min Kyu!" A little boy's voice alerted. He smiled and run to the town. It was night and pretty dark, but it gave him more vibes to proceed.

The streets were quiet and serene. He could only hear his own footsteps as he walked. He smiled when he saw a collection of swords lying in one store.

He jumped over the door and took out the swords from the sheaths one by one. Each glare on each sword livened up his mood and made his eyes sparkle.

"Abeoji is gonna be proud when he sees this!" His little adventurous voice declared, taking the code of the sword. It was written at the end of its sheath.

He smiled when he was done memorizing the code. A spark of cold wind brushed over him suddenly. He turned around but no one was there. A shadow accompanied the cold wind sending shivers down my spine.