👑19| Confusion

🌸🌸

Fidgeting over the fabric of her delicate robe, she marches along with Moon Bin. Her court ladies follow up from behind as their heads look down. Crossing their fingers over their chest, their feet move in line from behind.

When Moon Bin stops by the hallway, a few maids from the Magnolia Hall rush off holding baskets of flowers over their waists giggling. They pause for a moment as their eyes set on the two of them standing close.

"I don't know why the Crown Prince keeps him. It's obvious he craves for the throne."

"That's right. He's after his prospective Queen too."

As they turn to each other whispering, fear engulfs their trembling eyes after Moon Bin throws a silent look over them. Retiring with quick bows, their hands hold on to the films of their robes. They make a quick turn but hesitate after a basket falls off one of their possession.

Without wasting time, the carrier quickly bends down and pick the flower bouquet from the floor. The moment Sun Hee twirls towards the flustered maid, she gets back on her feet and rush over to the other maids.

Sun Hee fondles over her thoughts and turns to him with an emotional heave. With melancholy in her eyes, she looks back and stares downwards watching the palace maids walk about.

"He never tells me what happened that day. Was it that serious for him to treat you like this?" She returns a nod which affirms his curiosity. Twirling her fingers over her robe, she keeps silent for a moment before she starts to talk.

"It happened nearly fourteen years back when we were still little. It wasn't my intention to hurt him," she sobs while controlling herself as tears well up in her eyes.

Moon Bin sighs and moves closer to her. "Tell me what happened." Folding her lips, she nods and wipes her tears turning her back to him.

Under the bright sky with the sun rising slowly, a little girl was roaming outside by a fence playing and jumping on a toe, singing a song.

"Woo Hyun, come let's play. It's really fun!" little Sun Hee shouted. With a part of her hair on each side of her hair made into small braids and combined with the main braid at the back of her head, she giggled.

She felt a cold wind brush over her body all of a sudden, raising her head only to see a young man in front of her.

A large smirk formed from the corner of his mouth. Sun Hee dropped her hanging leg on the floor unconsciously, widening her eyes. He squatted to her level, touching her face, "Hi there...can you lead me to his house? You remember me right?" he asked, smiling at her. She stumbled back with sweat running down her forehead.

"No! You're evil!" she screamed before she started running away. The young man dashed to her front with the speed of bolt, smirking. "Please...I want to see him...I promise I won't hurt them. I just want to see them," he pretended while shedding a few tears.

She stared at him curiously and nods after a thought. Raising her robe with both hands, She led him to a small house, positioned far from the town.

She stopped abruptly when she remembered a promise she made. "No. I cannot," she retorted stopping a few meters from the house. Realizing her unwillingness to move any further, Ji Min was full of rage, grabbing her by her throat.

She wriggled under him and threw her legs in the air. "You're the Minister's daughter right? If you don't want me to kill that old father of yours...tell me where is it?!" he screamed at her making her cry.