👑62| Slump

🌸🌸

Cries engulf the atmosphere while the guards stand still waiting for the Crown Prince's response.

But unfortunately, he couldn't answer them. His mind isn't there, and all what he thinks is about his uncle, who is now a laying corpse.

Why was he calling his mother a tramp? Was there something she didn't tell him?

"Your Majesty!"

Moon Bin walks up to Woo Hyun whose delicate teary eyes stare down with guilt and confusion all at the same time. Adrenaline draws over his arms and horrible conclusions keep dropping in his mind the more he looks at his dead uncle.

With folded lips, Moon Bin orders the guards to move out. Turning back to Woo Hyun who still stands still watching his mother cry endlessly over the body of his uncle, he walks away with a heavy sigh.

"Bok Su..." Sobs escape her mouth while she clings to his body in tears. Her eyes are wet with dried tears which becomes wet over and over as she keeps on crying her eyes out.

Her eyes suddenly gape at the numerous hands which reach out for his body. She pulls him away and yells angrily at them.

"You can't take him away!"

A moment of silence follows while the guards turn to Woo Hyun with a confused look.

With a sullen face, he moves away towards the backyard. He walks slowly in silence while staring at the floor in blankness.

His guards keep up behind him carrying the body to be preformed the last rites, which makes Woo Hyun stumble back to think that he is going to bury the one whom he met only after 15 years.

Soo Hyang keeps on holding him even as they bring him outside to the plains. She rushes to Woo Hyun when they place his body on a pile of woods ready to be cremated.

"Woo Hyun! Won't you say something?! Are you going to send him off like this? He's your uncle!"

A tear slides down his face and his teary eyes search for the truth in her eyes, something he knows is wrong, but he has no other choice but to send off his uncle this way.

"He's dead! I can't send him out. Everyone will find out...and you and the people will be in danger."

He turns his head away as smoke starts to emanate from the platform his uncle lays in.

Soo Hyang lets go of his hand and resume crying, kneeling in front of the platform.

Amidst her sobs, a few words can be heard from her cries.

"A-Am sorry." Her hands collapse beside her while she hides her face in shame.

"H-He called you a ....t-tramp...what was he talking about?" Her eyes raise slowly in a tearful manner. She couldn't talk. She squats below him and cries more than she did before.

He steps down immediately and holds her shoulders in a way she can't hide her face.

"Why did he call you that!" She begins to cry all over and shake her head consistently refusing to talk.

Anger and frustration gets the best of him. He had even forgot that he was hurting her. All what he wanted at that moment was answers.

His face draws back in anger while he grabs her hand before screaming at her.

She closes her eyes and mutters under a high tone crying. Her sobs interrupt her response, but the way she screams overcomes her cries making her speech more audible.

His hands let go after her words rings in his head like something he'd never wish to hear.

"I was raped!"