👑40| Surprises

🌸🌸

"He doesn't even know that he was talking to the real Crown Prince."

Hye Ra sits beside him on a pillow and sighs seeing the victory and relief in his eyes. Not wanting to press on the matter of him going out alone, she turns her eyes to a collection of books lying on the table.

She takes out from a collection of books a large brown book. It is pretty dusty from its looks. By just picking up with her fingers imprints dust all over her palm, especially the tip of her fingers.

Putting it opposite of her, she opens it and looks through all the pages in search of something.

She fishes out a portrait from it after some minutes of looking and places it on the table.

"I kept this for you."

She says as she pushes it to him. Min Kyu reaches out for the painting slowly while his eyes are staring at her curiously. With nothing to lose, he lowers his head to have a glimpse of the picture.

The picture reveals a little girl dressed in a royal green robe decorated with golden designs at the edge. Her black hair lies across her neck reaching her back.

With a lovely smile on her face which showcases a bit of makeup from the local cosmetics, she looks up probably on the day her painting was being drawn. It is so obvious that she felt uncomfortable with the whole makeup thing.

"Park Seong Ri-your sister." He stares at the picture with a tinge of sadness engulfing his heart.

"I wish she was still alive. I never had the chance to meet her." With a nod, Hye Ra brings out another painting but this time, she wasn't standing alone.

She is in the middle of a man and a woman. The man is clothed in a red golden hanbok and a back hat. He looks at her, the woman who has makeup and royal hairpin hanging in her black hair. Her golden hanbok reaches her feet.

"That was taken a few years after the Queen sent you away." With a quick nod he remembers something, that happened years before the painting was drawn.

"Thank you boy...but", the man exclaimed raising his head. His face was clear now. The little boy could see his face. He stepped back at his sight. He wasn't old. In fact he was a young man who could walk without support. So why did he ask for a little boy's help.

"Crown Prince!" He heard footsteps approaching them. His heart was thumping hard in his chest wanting to explode. The man smiled wickedly twisting his head in a playful manner.

His eyes widened at his reactions. No one needed to tell him to run. With the speed of striking lightning the man grasped his shoulders and dug his teeth into the flesh around his neck. He screamed in pain while struggling to get out of his grip.

His arms were too mature and strong for him to tackle. "Aaaaa!" he yelled pushing him away but it was of no use. The heavy footsteps approaching quickly now.

He carried in his his arms and began running into the woods. The little bit threw his legs in the air while trying to scream with the little strength he had.

"Help!" The man covered his mouth and run with him in his arms. Arrows were directed at him as the guards chased after him.

"Stop right there or else we'll shoot!" They were almost surrounding him. He sighed out of frustration and bent over a tree. "You're lucky. I'll come back for you." With that, he laid me beside a tree and disappeared.

He could only hear approaching footsteps which crushed the wilted leaves on the floor and the soft pounding of his heart. Everything became red in his eyes. His veins reacted with the alien blood running through his blood. His body began trembling dangerously as his eyes dilated, turning as red as fire.