👑50| Knocks

🌸🌸

   A bright huge room is exposed at the eastern side of the palace. Its roof lays across the building shielding its inners from direct sunlight. Maids march in line from the hallway with the Queen dowager as she walks into her chambers.

  "Where is she?"

One of her maids bows and takes a step forward as she makes her way to the bed. Folding her lips, she slides the curtains quickly towards the left side. Following her feet, she moves her hand away and turns her head.

 She bows again and directs her hand to the bed with her head lowered.

  Slipping her fingers from her robe, she closes the door behind her before she turns to me in deep sleep.

Staring at me, she finds my eyes shut and my body tucked over a her huge blue blanket. The curtains over the bed flaps when the wind from outside blows through the room.

 An elderly woman steps down from the bed and bows to the Queen Dowager with a box in her hands. She sighs and speaks with her nod.

 "She's still unconscious. She went unconscious with headaches due to her amnesia. Her headache is a normal reaction after something familiar hits her mind.  She needs careful attention during this time."

She bows after she completes her diagnosis.

 The court lady nods and paves a way for the royal physician to exit the room. Picking up her tools into her medical kit, she quietly holds it up and bows.

The Queen Dowager looks back and turns to me.

 With het lips pursed, she rows the curtains back and fixes it properly to cover the entrance. Her maid escorts the physician quickly and rushes to assist her set up the bed I lay on unconscious to her room.

Looking for a place to draw her thoughts together, she sits on a pillow opposite a small designed table covered with a table cloth.

 After what seems a minute, she reluctantly heaves a sigh while adjusting her robe to sit on the pillow while her maid sets the bed for me. The rest of the maids stand outside looking down.

  "Why did you save her from Ji Min. That was a wrong move."

She takes a short glance over the room to make sure no one will hear their discreet conversation before she proceeds with a terrifying expression.

 "Who is she?"

  Soo Hyang drags a collection of documents on the table from her front to the court lady before she orders her to read with her eyes. She nods quickly and starts scrolling the pages one by one.

  She picks up the documents in the book swiftly and runs her eyes through every detail. She finally lifts her head after some minutes and drops the documents on the table from reading in vain.

 "Her identity is still unknown?"

  She replies with a quick nod and adds up to her statements and deductions from her previous study on me.

"I wonder why Woo Hyun wants to save her. She's the same girl who was accused of stealing few weeks ago. He drew back the accusation and now she's a maid here."

Her eyes widen as the Queen Dowager concludes her statement with another question.

"He doesn't usually care about anyone except Moon Bin and I. For the first time, I saw a bit of concern in his eyes when Ji Min pulled her away. It's not like the usual times Ji Min takes any other maids to feed on."

 She glares at Soo Hyang and responds with a low gasp. Closing the book, she snaps sharply and stares at her in shock.

"So do you think he cares for her? We don't know her true identity. What if she has a hidden agenda behind coming here as a maid?"