👑32| Hope

🌸🌸

Moon Bin bashes into the room with his hands paving a way or him. With the door wide open, he looks around with his eyes full of questions and despair.

Woo Hyun raises his head as footsteps lurk through his ears. Seated in front of a cute black royal table covered with a cloth, a book accompanies him in his studies. He closes the book immediately his eyes register the expression on his face.

"Woo Hyun-she's here." He announces amidst panting.

Woo Hyun furrows his eyebrows after getting on his feet from the position he is before. His eyes glare around for an answer and he gets it after his eyes settle behind Moon Bin.

His eyes waver when he sees me standing by the door with my head looking down. My eyes refuse to look up from anxiety as I know what is ahead of me now. There is no going back.

Guards stand lined up outside while the court ladies rush of their chambers quickly. Standing a bit close to the Crown Prince's chambers, they throw curious eyes around.

"Isn't that the girl everyone's calling a thief?"

The other maids gasp covering their mouths in shock.

"She could come here even after that?" Another slim maid asks staring at the others with a look of surprise. The maids rush over close to the chambers to listen more.

With nothing left to hold on to, I raise my head slowly. At least I can own up to my mistake this once. I extend my hands glued together to him while holding back my tears.

"I'm here to take up the punishment for fake identity and threatening the Crown Prince."

Moon Bin quickly turns to look at me curiously before he shakes his head at Woo Hyun.

There's a tinge of surprise in his eyes, but that disappears in seconds. With an unaffected expression, he turns to me.

"It's exactly a week now. I guess you're not so stupid after all." He exclaims after walking to his seat.

The guards rush in while bowing to him.

"Your Majesty."

He places his crossed arms behind him and walk to a window. Moon Bin glares at me for a moment and shifts his attention to the guards who had just entered.

"You heard her. Take her away." They bow before him while their right hand clutch to their swords' sheath.

"Yes Your Majesty"! They exclaim before turning to me in alignment. I drop my hands beside me and stare at the Crown Prince for the last time.

His attitude proves my intuition true, that he never intended to grant my freedom.

But concerning the Crown Princess, why did he tell me that secret if he was planning to arrest me anyway?

My thoughts dismantle as my eyes settle over guards hovered around me. Without wasting time, two attach the chains over my wrists and start dragging me out. Moon Bin rushes to Woo Hyun after seeing me being dragged.

"Woo Hyun. What are you doing?" Moon Bin debates as he stands beside him, but he looks away and moves back to his seat. With a number of scrolls awaiting to be reviewed, he rolls one of them and starts reading through.

He marches to him with a short bow. "Your Majesty! This is a rush decision! Please reconsider."

The room becomes silent and eerie and this admonishes the guards to proceed.

My eyes waver realizing that he doesn't care if I am arrested or not. For the first time, I feel more hurt by his attitude even more than Bo Mi's words. I don't know why I feel this way.