Chapter 4

Safaree's POV

I'll admit, I shouldn't have hit Nicki. But she made me so mad that it slipped out. I wanted to make things right with her forreal this time. It's just when I saw that face she made when I hit her...it drew back all those flashbacks.

*Flashback*

Nicki came home late and I was drinking Vodka. She took off her shoes and jacket. I was yelling at her and she was yelling back. Our conversation wasn't getting any calmer.

Nicki: You get on my fuckin nerves with all yo constant drinkin, Safaree! You act like you ain't got nothin better to do than to just drink and abuse me! But I'm tired of yo shit! Either you stop drinkin, or you get the hell out!
Safaree: Girl, I outta slap the hell out you! Who the fuck you think you talking to? You lucky I haven't put my hands on you yet! But just wait til tonight. Oh you gon get it.
Nicki: Please don't hurt me again Safaree. I have to cover up enough bruises right now. Please don't hit me again.
Safaree: Uh-Huh. You think you "bad" now? Is that what it is Nicki?

I left Nicki with blood dripping from her nose. Her eyes red from her tears and her face dried up from the other wet tears. I was drunk. I didn't mean to hit her as hard as I did in the past. I was in a battle with alcohol and myself...and I was letting alcohol take over me.

*End of Flashback*

Nicki's POV

I'm glad Ernie took Safaree out. I didn't want to go through bruises and scars again. I couldn't fight back because I knew I was going to lose against Safaree. I was about to call Mee, but I remember I told him to call me when he was done. I wanted him here with me, holding me in his arms. Wait. What am I talking about? I don't even know if I love Mee like that. He's like my best friend. I can tell him anything. The only thing I haven't told him about, is me and Safaree. I don't want to. I fell asleep and my phone rang. I woke up and saw it was Mee. I was happy to hear his voice. He said Ricky just wanted to chill out with him and talk about some new music. I asked him to come back over. He said, "Sure, Ma. Gimme bout 10 minutes." I said ok and waited for him to come. I went to the bathroom to fix myself up. I looked at my cheek and it was red. Like really red. When I touched it, it stung. I had to get foundation to cover it up. I didn't want Mee to see it. While I was covering it up, I started to cry. I hate it when I cried. It wasn't because I was crying. It was because of the same exact reason. I was scared of Safaree. The elevator dinged and I saw Mee come out just smiling as bad as he ever was. I went in for a hug. But he kissed me again. It's kinda cute when he kissed me. It was like we were married. But the funny thing is, we aren't even dating...well...yet. Mee asked me could we talk. I was worried because his smile went away quick. I hope it wasn't about Safaree.

Meek's POV

I got back to Nicki's penthouse as fast as I could. I wanted to talk to her about the kiss. In fact, I wanted to ask her can she be my boo. My main chick. Mine. Forreal forreal? I was nervous as hell. I mean maybe she won't like me back. I mean she kissed me. That mean something don't it? I just wanted her to be with me. Nobody else. She still looking fine like I saw her. Except when I looked at her closer, her eyes was red. She looked like she been crying. Her cheek was red. She tried covering it up with some makeup. I wanted to know who hit Nicki. Once I found out who it was, ima beat the shit out of him.