Chapter 21

Safaree's POV

I ringed the doorbell and saw Nicki open the door with a lingerie on. She obviously thought I was someone else. She flinched when she saw me, and her jaw dropped open. I said, "Surprise..." But I said a little weak. I was nervous about this. Was me and Nicki gonna fight?

Nicki's POV

Why was he here? Meek beat the hell outta him and he still crawlin back? I went upstairs real quick to put my regular clothes on. I wanted to know why the fuck was Safaree here, and how the fuck did he know my sister's address. I said bluntly, "What do you want?" Safaree chuckled, "You think I'm here to get you back? Ha. No sweetheart. I'm here to apologize to Jeshay. You know, she looks peaceful and beautiful sleeping." He had a perverted grin on his face like he's been watching Jeshay. Watching her every move. Trying to find the perfect time to strike. Why did he want to capture her so badly? I asked him, "Pass by me. I dare yo ass to go upstairs to my daughter. I'm done wit yo shit Safaree. So is Jeshay. I'm fighting back this time. My momma told me, "You can forgive and forget." But my daddy told me, "You can keep fighting until they rest." "I'm not scared of you anymore Safaree. You are excluded from my heart and my mind. So pass by me."

Jeshay's POV

I woke up after my 2 hour nap, because I heard my mom yelling. It wasn't my Auntie Breonte. It sounded like a man. I went downstairs and while I was going, the conversation started getting quieter. I peeked through the stair bars and stopped walking, the conversation got loud again, whoever this man was that was arguing with my mom, my mom didn't want me to see him. Was it her new boyfriend Meek Mill? I don't care who my mom dates, I just don't want her to get back together with Safaree again. He was the worst guy my mom ever dated. He abused her and me. But he abused my mom more because she would literally fight him to stop abusing me. My mom and I ran away like 5 times, he just keeps finding us. I hate him. I hope he rots in hell. I went back upstairs, then I got a text message. It was from Jahkael. It said, "Can you meet me @ the park in 10 minutes?" I replied, "Yeah..I guess." I was confused as I press send. Why did he want me to meet him? I guess I'm just gonna have to find out and see. I put on some sweats, I put my hair in a messy bun, and I put my glasses on. "Shit." I mumbled. I forgot I didn't put any makeup on. Oh well. Jahkael has seen me with no makeup on. I was walking down the street, when I heard snickering and a cold breath on my neck. Then, the person spoke. "You look cute with yo lil uggs on and your curvy body. Where you going on a night like this cupcake?" That voice sounded so familiar that I wanted to cry. I started shivering, and once I realized who called me that, I started trembling. He said, "You know who I am don't you?" I said in my shaky, hoarse voice, and said it loud as I could, "Yes.." I can't believe he actually found me. It took me 15 years to forget about him. He never cared. Why is he breathing on my neck? Why did he wait til now to find me? Why out of all people, my dad comes into the picture.

Nicki's POV

I went upstairs to Jeshay's room to see if all the yelling didn't wake her up. I peeked open her door, and saw that she wasn't in bed. My heart jumped out of my chest. My eyes started tearing up. Safaree bullshitted me. He said he was sorry when we were arguing, I actually believed him. Then I walk up here, and my baby's gone. I got on my knees. I started crying saying, "I failed you again babygirl. Momma's gonna find you. Trust me." I was not gonna rest until I find my daughter. Even if I have to kill someone. I got a text, I looked and saw it was Jeshay. It looked urgent. It said, "Mommy! Please come get me! 😭😭 he found me Momma! I'm at the playground Auntie used to take me to. He went to go get some food for the both of us, so he won't be back for 30 minutes. Please come get me!" I started trembling. I don't know who Jeshay was talking about. I don't care. I'm going to get my daughter. I pulled up in the parking lot fast as I could, and Jeshay came running to the door, I hugged her so tight when she got in, she explained everything. I was a little upset, but I'm glad she's okay. Jeshay got a text from Jahkael. It said,

"Hope you enjoyed spending time with Daddy."

Wait. What?