Homeward Bound

Two Weeks Later~

Waking up the sun is shining through the window of my Bedroom. I open my eyes and look up to the ceiling, a smile grows upon my face. Cate is coming home today. I jump out of bed and run to Cates dresser, I've been wearing Cates clothes because they smell like her and bring me comfort when I'm not at the hospital.

I open Cates dresser and look around, I settle on a simple white blouse and some loose beige pants.

I put my hair in a loose low ponytail

I put my hair in a loose low ponytail. Once I'm dressed I walk to the bathroom, I bought a rug to cover the blood stain but it makes me sad every time I see it. I sigh and grab my toothbrush. I turn the water on and start brushing my teeth. I finish and spit out the toothpaste.

I walk out of the bathroom and walk to the kitchen. I can feel the excitement building up in me, yesterday I spent the whole day cleaning for Cates arrival.

I walk into the kitchen and grab a drink of water. I turn and check the time on the oven clock 11:00am. That means I can leave to get cate at any time.

I put my cup in the sink and grab my purse off the kitchen counter. I dig out the car keys and make my way out the door.

Walking down the hallway of the apartment complex , I am full of joy. Cate is coming home for good, no more Andrew. The cops still haven't found him but they say that cate and I aren't in any danger. Cates kids have been staying at their aunts house until everything is figured out. Cate is always moving around for her job anyways so it's not a big adjustment for them.

I walk out of the main doors to the outside, it's nice today. The sun is shining and the wind is warm. I smile and walk to the car. Once I'm inside the car I turn it on and drive to the hospital.

As I drive i think about cate, how much I love her, how caring she is, how kind she is and how beautiful. She is perfect.

I pull into the parking lot of the hospital and find a parking spot. I get out of the car and walk into the hospital.

I walk into Cates room she is sleeping. I decide I'll pack her stuff.

I grab her duffle bag and quietly start packing her clothes. I take out an outfit for her when she wakes up.

Once I'm finished I zip up the bag and look around for anything I could have missed. Nope nothing. I sit down in the chair that is beside her bed. I take her hand in mine. "Cate" I whisper. She doesn't answer. I run my finger over her cheek "Cate". I whisper again. She slowly opens her eyes, I smile big.

She looks to me "hello sunshine" she says in her sleepy voice. Which I can't lie turns me on.

"Good morning lovely" I say and kiss the back of her hand. She lifts her head and looks around the room.