Cold

"Cate....." I whisper and stand up.

"Y/N I'm so sorry, Dr.Ellison told me everything" she says running towards me, she wraps her arms around me and holds me tight, I want to be held so bad but she hurt me and she can't act like nothing happened.

"Let go" I squirm in her touch but she doesn't release her hold on my body. "Let go cate" i say pushing myself away from her, tears fall down my face as I stare into her eyes.

"Y/N I'm so sorry" she sobs.

"You should be" I say fighting tears.

"I know, i am" she whispers and looks into my eyes.

I stand there letting my cries fill the room. I wish this never happened, I wish I would stop hurting this relationship. "You left again cate" I whisper wiping my tears with the sleeve of my sweater. "You promised you wouldn't do that" I say looking into her eyes. Her face covers in guilt and I can see the pain in her eyes.

"Im so sorry Y/N....you have to trust me, I didn't want to" I can see the tears I Her eyes.

"I can't....." I don't even try to hide the breaking of my voice, I want her to know how bad she hurt me. "I thought you were the one who wouldn't hurt me" I sob. My heart is shattered, I can feel it, I just want someone to help me fix it, and I want it to be Cate, more than anything but the more I think, the sadder I get. Maybe this relationship is not meant to be, maybe she doesn't love me as much and I love her.

"I didn't want to hurt you Y/N you need to believe me" she says taking my hands. I sigh and look at our fingers laced together, I missed the softness of her skin on mine, the warmth, the comfort.

"you left me at my worst" I exclaim getting worked up. She shakes her head and tears fall down her face.

"I thought you cheated" she whispers.

"Well you wouldn't of you let me explain" I raise my voice. I start to feel light headed and I can feel a piercing headache starting to form, I grab onto the arm of the chair and squat down beside it.

"Y/N" cate says in worry, she squats beside me and wraps her arms around my body. I close my eyes and cover my four head with my hand. "Y/N when was the last time you ate" she asks running her hands over my rip cage. Guilt washes over me, cate always makes sure I eat, no matter what, I guess that's her motherly side that I love so much coming out.

"I had h-half a sandwich y-yesterday" I stutter.

"Y/N.....that's not enough" she sighs and picks me up. She cradles me in her arms and walks towards the door of Dr.Ellison's office. Without thinking I snuggle into her body, her warmth and her skin against mine is the only feeling I need in my life.
But I can't, I can't just forgive her.

"Cate put me down" I groan quietly.

"No darling I'm not, you need to eat" she says and keeps walking towards the exit. I don't bother fighting it, I hold onto her tight and she rubs my back.

She pushes through the main doors of the building and the warm spring air surrounds my body. Cate keeps walking, the sun hits against my body making me warm, I would kill to take off my sweater but I can't.....

Cate approaches her car and puts me down, I stand beside her car staring at the ground, she pushes a piece of hair behind my ear "I'm so sorry" she whispers. I turn away from her and open the car door.

"I know cate" I say under my breath. I've never been cold to cate and it's breaking my heart as much as it's probably breaking hers, I want her but she needs to prove to me that she not going to hurt me again because I can't take it.