Short Notice

TW//mention of self harm scars

Ah finally, cate is coming home today. The last two days have been alright, Dashiell is still upset with me but Edith hasn't thrown another tantrum. She's been quite sweet actually, right now the kids are at school, their aunt is picking them up and then they're staying the weekend with her. Cate asked for a free weekend because she has plans, it's just going to be her and I so I suppose she want un-interrupted spicy time.

I'm in the shower, the warm water Is hitting against my soft skin. I moan lightly as I massage coconut scented shampoo into my scalp. Taking my time, I wash my body thoroughly, quiet sighs leave my lips as my hands roam over my body.

I miss cate so much, I can't wait until she gets home. She never gave me the time of which she would be home but It's around two in the afternoon so I hope soon.

I finish rinsing my body and shut off the water, as I step out of the shower the chilling air of the bathroom hits my skin, a shiver shoots through me and I quickly grab my towel.

I wrap the soft fabric around my frigid skin, I shiver one last time before pushing open the ensuite door and step out.

I'm shocked by who I'm eyes I'm welcomed to. "Hey baby" cate says with a tempting smile as she sits on the end of our bed.

"Cate, you scared me" I exclaim but quickly fill with joy at the sight of her.

She stands up and walks towards me, swinging her hips more than usual. She approaches me and hooks her finger on the hem of my towel, she lays a gentle kiss on my forehead. "I missed you" she whispers.
I wrap my arms around her back and press my cheek against her chest.

"I missed you more" I appreciate her warmth as she holds me. "You said you had a surprise?"

"Oh yeah, pack a bag" she says after pulling me from her body and holding my shoulders.

"A bag?" What could she had possibly planned?

"Mmm Hmm and pack something sexy" she whispers in my ear.

"Cate blanchett what do you have planned" I chuckle.

"You'll see" she teases, and steps away from me. She heads for the door.

"Wait" I call out, she stops at the door and turns to me "don't you need to pack?"

"I already have sunshine, oh and pack a bathing suit" she winks at me before walking away and disappearing down stairs. My heart sinks when I think about a bathing suit, I look down at my wrist. The skin is pink and lifted around the cut, it doesn't hurt but it has yet to heal completely.

I sigh and decide not to let it ruin Cates surprise. I grab a backpack from our closet and start to pack, she never told me how much to pack but I'm going to guess for the weekend.

I start pulling out a few summer outfits, it's been really warm recently and cate said to pack a bathing suit so I presume it's going to be nice.

After picking out three outfits for the weekend, I pick one out for today.

I chose a pair of loose brown corduroy shorts and a white crew neck. Simple yes, but it's just cate and I so I don't mind.

After I'm changed I open the top drawer of my dresser and look for 'something sexy'.

I rummage through the mess of clothes until I find one I know cate will love.

A Persian blue pair of lace lingerie, Cates favourite colour.

I stuff it into my bag and get started on my appearance, I sit on the bed with my makeup bag in hand a small mirror.

I put on some simple mascara and brush blush over my cheeks and on my nose, I put on lip balm and decide that's enough. I stuff the makeup in my backpack and push myself off my bed.